Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ade555

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Looking at replacing battery on my daughter IPhone 11. I think is down 78% if no less. Would you go apple or some mobile phone repair shop? Local looks to have over 1000 reviews. Price difference is about £40-45 more at apple.

ade555

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
We have one of them chains about, I always replaced battery my self on models that didn’t have glass back, but for £40 I can’t be bother with hassle and possibly damage the back.

ade555

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Apple wants £85 but they saying is estimate, I’m sure the had a price list for repairs before on website which showed the price and now is estimate?

Attachments

• IMG_3369.jpeg
    IMG_3369.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 29

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Apple wants £85 but they saying is estimate, I’m sure the had a price list for repairs before on website which showed the price and now is estimate?
They want to inspect the device and make sure the hardware and chassis of the phone is ok. If they find anything damaged or not working they will want you to fix themissues before they'll touch the battery. When I had Apple replace my iPhone X battery they had to replace the earpiece due to an issue during replacement and they didn't charge me for anything but the battery.

Reactions: ade555

ade555

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Thanks I will go with apple, price is not much different to 3rd party and she will be happier with phone lasting longer, couple times she finished school and I didn’t know if she’s ok because battery died. Simple things like txt dad I’m on bus or at home ect.

Of topic a bit but I remember them day where there wasn’t any mobiles, just shows how world has change and how much we rely on technology now.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.