Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lethcoeb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Houston
OK group, a little help is needed.
We have a 2015 Retina Macbook, in which the battery was completely dead.
I used the iFixit guide to perform the replacement and then I used the low voltage post-repair procedure as part of starting it back up.
On initial startup, I received the chime, and then battery charge indicator (45%) then the screen went gray and the mouse was on the display (and working).
Then the gray screen went wonky (basically turned to static). I shut down the laptop, then restarted.
After that, I only have a blank screen. Voiceover comes on, however, while I'm sitting there.
Any suggestions? I had a little problem removing the cable because of the glue, so I'm thinking I may have broken the cable - but the display did come on.
Entirely possible I screwed up the logic board, but the laptop appears to come on (sans display).
I've removed and reattached the display cable a couple of times to no avail.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
First I’d get an external monitor connected to see if the logic board was OK.

Then I’d try reseating the cable after examining under magnification.

Then try a new cable.

Then take it to a repair shop.

Lethcoeb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Houston
Thanks - we’re at the repair shop stage now. External monitor works, and new cable installed to no avail. Maybe they can bring it to life!

Lethcoeb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Houston
Unfortunately the new video cable did not solve the problem and I haven't yet gotten the machine to a repair shop - but its on my todo list!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.