Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janeilfen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
So I had the battery replaced on my iPhone 6s. Apple warranty the new battery for 3 months. 4 months now and the battery is again defunct.
Just a warning to others.
Whilst I love most of my Apple products, I am beginning to wonder about Apple's ethics. I believe also they just got an enormous fine from the French government for price fixing.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Check your phone's serial here to see if it qualifies.

The 6s is quite old, and I have a feeling all the parts related to it are getting old as well. Lithium Battery degrades with age, it's chemistry, not necessarily Apple's fault. Plus, the 6s is well known to have poor battery life simply because it has such a small battery.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Your first port of call is to speak to Apple and give them the option to offer assistance.

If the battery is causing issues it could be faulty, or your phone could have had an underlying issue.

Or take it to a third party if you don’t like how Apple do things.

Janeilfen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
I know the 6S is an old device. It had already been the subject of an Apple recall for a replacement battery some time back. That is the battery which died 4 months ago. I had the phone checked out at the Apple store at that time and they advised another replacement battery, but I would have to pay for it. Which I did. So if Apple has some idea that these replacement batteries are only a short term fix, that is where I question their ethics. I am not expecting technology to last forever. I just want honesty from the manufacturers.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I know the 6S is an old device. It had already been the subject of an Apple recall for a replacement battery some time back. That is the battery which died 4 months ago. I had the phone checked out at the Apple store at that time and they advised another replacement battery, but I would have to pay for it. Which I did. So if Apple has some idea that these replacement batteries are only a short term fix, that is where I question their ethics. I am not expecting technology to last forever. I just want honesty from the manufacturers.
Not defending Apple as I'm a primarily Android user, but I'm not sure what "ethics" in question here. What's not "honest" about what Apple did? And you have not really described what's the issue with the new battery.

Imo it's best if you contact Apple again to diagnose your phone further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.