Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
I’ve been turning my Apple Vision Pro off when I’m done using it because I don’t like how warm it gets when it’s plugged in. Also, if I don’t plug it in and leave it on standby, there’s significant battery drain (as has been discussed at length).

When I power on my Vision Pro after it was turned off, I have found that the battery life is similar to when I turned it off… until now. Over the past several days, I found that my Apple Vision Pro drained about 30% while completely turned off and still connected to the battery. Anyone else seeing this?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I found that my Apple Vision Pro drained about 30% while completely turned off and still connected to the battery.
I wasn't aware the AVP can be off and connected to a battery at the same time. Doesn't connecting the battery cause it to boot up?

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
I wasn't aware the AVP can be off and connected to a battery at the same time. Doesn't connecting the battery cause it to boot up?
The battery can remain connected and it stays off. Strangely, even plugging in the battery to a charger doesn’t cause AVP to boot up.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I don’t have one so I only know what I read. Apple says that the device will shut down 24 after it goes to sleep, even if connected to power. So the battery will drain in sleep for the first 24 hours. Maybe that’s what you see.

Rainerm

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
SF Nay area
The AVP can be turned off right away without waiting the 24hr.
Go to settings and then scroll all the way down. There is the shut down. Just like with a iPhone.
I have to check if the battery trains when connected while shut down. I didn’t notice anything yet in this regard.
I always shut down the AVO when not in use.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I would either unplug the battery or leave it plugged into power while not using it. Just make sure to remove the lens cover so it stays cool. I think it updates and syncs while not in use until it goes into sleep mode. I may be wrong, but that's my conclusion after noticing it to be warm after is been without use for 4 hours.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
I would either unplug the battery or leave it plugged into power while not using it. Just make sure to remove the lens cover so it stays cool. I think it updates and syncs while not in use until it goes into sleep mode. I may be wrong, but that's my conclusion after noticing it to be warm after is been without use for 4 hours.
This is going to be what I do but it shouldn’t be syncing anything when it is completely powered down. I’m still getting battery drain (100% to 0% in 48 hours) with the device off.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
The AVP can be turned off right away without waiting the 24hr.
Go to settings and then scroll all the way down. There is the shut down. Just like with a iPhone.
I have to check if the battery trains when connected while shut down. I didn’t notice anything yet in this regard.
I always shut down the AVO when not in use.
Mine didn’t used to drain at all when it was completely powered down and now it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.