Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jon Hewitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
I wanted to verify meaning of the min's and he's logged against each app under batteries. If I add all the on screen numbers, 57 in my case, it means the phone was on and a app was using the home screen. For example I switch to Facebook and put the phone on the table and do nothing. In 10 seconds the lock screen comes on. I should see the value of 10 under Battery Facebook on screed.

In trying to manage how much time your kids spend on their phone and the you have not put your phone down for one second in the last 24hrs.........

Well if I add the on screen mins and the number is 24 hrs then I can go back any say you have not put your phone down for 2 seconds in the last 24 hr's

Correct?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wanted to verify meaning of the min's and he's logged against each app under batteries. If I add all the on screen numbers, 57 in my case, it means the phone was on and a app was using the home screen. For example I switch to Facebook and put the phone on the table and do nothing. In 10 seconds the lock screen comes on. I should see the value of 10 under Battery Facebook on screed.

In trying to manage how much time your kids spend on their phone and the you have not put your phone down for one second in the last 24hrs.........

Well if I add the on screen mins and the number is 24 hrs then I can go back any say you have not put your phone down for 2 seconds in the last 24 hr's

Correct?
If on-screen minutes for all apps/services listed in the 24 hour tab add up to 24 hours then it sounds like the screen was on for 24 hours. Seems rather improbable though for someone to have the screen on and using a device for 24 hours straight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.