Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacorNothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2021
South France
Hello, I was buying my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.2) in July 2018.
Charge, battery hold 4 days until containment over 3 month (March until May 2020). Now one or sometimes two days.
All notifications are OFF, just : calling and text message (SMS). Battery saving-mode since the start. Shipping capacity is at 100%.

Regular wear ?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
As @ericwn stated, it could be normal battery wear you are seeing. It could also be normal battery wear and one of more apps more battery than usual. Check your settings.

1. Make sure Background app refresh is off
2. Location services should be off for most apps. The few that may need it should be set to only when using.

Last edited:

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
You mention 'shipping capacity is at 100%', do you mean that the Battery Health (can be found in Settings) is at 100%?

But regardless, if the battery is three years old then replacing it is inexpensive and worthwhile. I replaced the batteries in both my own and my wifes 6s Plus iPhones after a couple of years, knowing that we would be passing them on to our family members. I wanted them to have good battery health from the beginning.

Reactions: MacorNothing

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Historically, newer versions of iOS use more power or the older cpus in older phones aren't optimized to run newer iOS versions efficiently.
iPhone 6 originally shipped with iOS 8.
iOS 9 is much more taxiing than iOS 8.
iOS 10 is slower than iOS 9 ... etc

• Haha
Reactions: MacorNothing

MacorNothing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2021
South France
So thank U. I can't change this for the moment.
(My sister had keep her first iPhone : 5c by in 2006, change for iPhone 7, in 2014.
But my daddy Get her old iPhone, in second hand, until 2018.
CRAZY !
So I would like save mine until......
....My iMac die ! Possible ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.