Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Hey guys,

Strange issue. Last week I updated BDP and once I did a respring it hung for maybe 1-2 minutes then rebooted into safe mode.

Nothing I've done since has gotten it to stop. As soon as I uninstall it it's business as usual.

Any tips? Here's all my tweaks.

Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/jCMSE8zF

Last edited:

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
i updated BDP recently (twice) and have had not issues whatsoever (in two devices).

there has been two updates over the span of 3 or 4 days latest one being over the weekend if not mistaken.

i can tell you which tweaks (manually installed by me - not stock) i have from your list so you may know that they are not the ones conflicting with it:

2x2 FI
Activator
bytafont
ifile
springtomize 2
winterboard

i think the latest update added auxo compatibility of some sort if not mistaken i think i read something related to that in the notes. but auxo is usually to blame for all things problems.

also why do you have ncsettings? isnt this conflicting with BDP? they both add the same feature to the NC.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
i updated BDP recently (twice) and have had not issues whatsoever (in two devices).

there has been two updates over the span of 3 or 4 days latest one being over the weekend if not mistaken.

i can tell you which tweaks (manually installed by me - not stock) i have from your list so you may know that they are not the ones conflicting with it:

2x2 FI
Activator
bytafont
ifile
springtomize 2
winterboard

i think the latest update added auxo compatibility of some sort if not mistaken i think i read something related to that in the notes. but auxo is usually to blame for all things problems.

also why do you have ncsettings? isnt this conflicting with BDP? they both add the same feature to the NC.

I just created the list today and I needed something to replace BDP in the meantime.

Good eye though. Lol.

I'll try removing auxo.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
No luck. Crashes and burns even without auxo.

i just checked the notes again and the compatibility it brought was with intelliscreenx, which you have.

it also included a feature to dismiss all notifications in the NC by dragging it down (can be disabled but its ON by default with the latest update). i dont know about intelliscreenx but lockinfo 5, which i use, has an option to refresh notifications when dragging the NC down. i had this disabled in lockinfo since i thought it was useless; but i am wondering if intelliscreenx has something similar that might be conflicting with BDP.

i insist on the NC because there is nothing else i can think of that can overlap with BDP. And the updates are not corrupt they've worked fine in two of my devices.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
BDP works fine on both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini with no issues whatsoever. I also don't have ISX or LockInfo, so it might just be that causing your conflict.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Well look at that.

I removed ISX and BDP functions with no problem. Good. I was planning to ditch ISX at some point.

Thanks guys.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Well look at that.

I removed ISX and BDP functions with no problem. Good. I was planning to ditch ISX at some point.

Thanks guys.

I haven't gone far enough to remove it yet but now that I saw this thread I might. Seems to be crashing once a day or so but I had not narrowed down the cause yet. The weird thing is that I was not having issues with ISX and BDP together until AFTER the update with the release notes mentioning they were not compatible...

quickdry

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
I had this problem - it kicked my iphone 5 (6.1.2) into the Apple logo screen and that was all. I removed it via iSpirit and immediately the phone came back to life.

I use LockInfo 5, I do not use auxo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.