Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigmur72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
nashville
So after hours and hours of trying to fix the game, I think I have given up. I bought the game Friday afternoon, excited about an evening of gaming. It worked on singleplayer, but just barely. VERY jerky and laggy. I lowered the settings, and it worked a little better, but not good enough.

I have a BRAND new imac. And by brand new, 2142 is the only application I have loaded on here.

So after a bit of playing in singleplayer, I decided to go to multiplayer. This is where the problems begin.

First, it wouldn't let me join any server. It would load the map, then tell me I have a connection issue.

The finally, I get into a map, and it works for about 5 minutes, then crashes.

So I give up for the day, and go to sleep. The next day, I come to play again, and it doesn't work at all. None of the maps load. Singleplayer or Multiplayer.

EA sucks for not having some sort of tech support online. They have a FAQ sections, but its devoted to retarded people. Some of the questions on there "how do I check my ram?" "how do I find the seriel number?" REALLY? I mean REALLY?

Here are the specs on my system, please someone throw me a bone and let me know what to do.

Second Generation iMac
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 Gig Ram
Ati,RadeonHD2600 Graphic card
Vram=256

Is anyone else having issues like this? Or am I the unlucky one?

bigmur72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
nashville
update on issues

Alright, so I called EA today, and they got the game to work in single player. And he was going to help me fix the multiplayer, but the phone was disconnected!

All I had to do was lower my native resolution to 800 X 600 and that seemed to make it work ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.