Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theocurrie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Edinburgh, UK
I have a 2.4 MacBook Pro and when I play battlefield 2 under vista it keeps crashing to a blue screen saying that there is IRQL and that’s its doing a memory dump and then restarts, does any one else have this problem or am I alone in this?

Thanks in advance

Theo

thecritix

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2006
West London, England
I have a 2.4 MacBook Pro and when I play battlefield 2 under vista it keeps crashing to a blue screen saying that there is IRQL and that’s its doing a memory dump and then restarts, does any one else have this problem or am I alone in this?

Thanks in advance

Theo

yeahhh bf2 and every other windows app out there :apple::apple::apple: lol

(im not able to provide any answers), but perhaps people would be better able to assist if you could state when the crash happens, always at the same points etc etc.. the answer, like god is in the details :)

nick

mahashel

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2005
"the lab"
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Nvidia's Vista support has been really crappy since the OS launched. It's getting better, but still not spot-on. Remain ever-vigilant in grabbing the latest driver off Nvidia's site. Typically takes a long while for drivers to appear in Windows Update.

This is what healed up most of my bluescreens when gaming in Vista. May not be the solution for you, but worth a shot at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.