Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Is any one here thinking about doing a edit for the competition ?

"To launch the Open Earth Archive and to encourage you to get creative with our content we're running a competition throughout February and March. We're inviting you to create an advert for planet Earth. Your advert must be made from Creative Archive content - that's the video, still images and audio you'll find in the Open Earth Archive and the clips already made available under the terms of the CA licence. There is a list with links to this content at the bottom of this page."

"
There are two categories in this competition:
1) Beginners, where entries will be created and submitted using our Easy Edit Suite. Entries in this category must not exceed two minutes in length
2) Advanced, where entries will be created with an editing package, such as Final Cut Pro or Windows Movie Maker using Creative Archive Licence content. Entries in this category must not exceed three minutes in length
Entries in the advanced category must be burnt onto disc (CD or DVD)as one of a number of video formats and sent in to:"

i've already made a film with the archive footage and burnt to DVD but it's just not very good quality IMO , the archive uses WMV ,Mpeg 1 and QT but for some reason they seem to use realy low format sizes ? like 320 x 184 Mpeg1 - is anybody else having the same issues ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/calc/sn/competition.shtml

evil_santa

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
London, England
and the prize is...

You will win time in an edit suite with BBC experts finding out how the production process goes ahead and how the latest technology is utilised to achieve results that will be seen by millions!

so that will be like going to work for the day then.:rolleyes: the prize should be an imac with FCE or a dv cam, this is a good example of getting content for their website with out costing them a thing!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I would have thought that as an up and coming video editor/whatever, the chance to work with pros at the BBC would be a great thing, far out weighing measly software or hardware prizes that any old monkeys can hand out as prizes :confused:

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
edesignuk said:
I would have thought that as an up and coming video editor/whatever, the chance to work with pros at the BBC would be a great thing, far out weighing measly software or hardware prizes that any old monkeys can hand out as prizes :confused:
i agree , what i could do after a day with them guy's and girls who created them great BBC shows

just a chance to play with then real expensive HD Cams would be so cool , and even a glance at that HD Gimbol thingy they had strapped to the chopper would be sooo cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.