Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
The BFP are me first Beats product. I was thinking of getting AppleCare for them. I went into “My Device” list, and they don’t show up. All of my other Apple Products are there. Then I tried the Apple Support app, and they aren’t there, either. So then I went to the AppleCare site to try there, but it doesn’t see any Beats products.

I connected them to my iPhone, iPad and iMac the other day, so I figured they’d show up in my profile/account, but they aren’t there. The only place they show up is in “Find My”.

Are these treated differently than Apple-branded products (I know Apple owns Beats)

What am I missing or doing wrong? I know when I find out, I’ll be doing a huge face palm 🤦‍♂️

Thanks!

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
You can still add AppleCare+ to them via Settings, Bluetooth, Beats Fit Pro and Apple Website and Support App. They don’t show up in my Support app but you can always look them up via Serial Number

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
You can still add AppleCare+ to them via Settings, Bluetooth, Beats Fit Pro and Apple Website and Support App. They don’t show up in my Support app but you can always look them up via Serial Number
Thank you! Do you know why they don’t show up in My Devices? Is it just because they are Beats?

mikegoldnj

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005
The BFP are me first Beats product. I was thinking of getting AppleCare for them. I went into “My Device” list, and they don’t show up. All of my other Apple Products are there. Then I tried the Apple Support app, and they aren’t there, either. So then I went to the AppleCare site to try there, but it doesn’t see any Beats products.

I connected them to my iPhone, iPad and iMac the other day, so I figured they’d show up in my profile/account, but they aren’t there. The only place they show up is in “Find My”.

Are these treated differently than Apple-branded products (I know Apple owns Beats)

What am I missing or doing wrong? I know when I find out, I’ll be doing a huge face palm

Thanks!

clayhalo

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Topanga, CA
I only see my Beats Fit Pro ear buds on Find My on my new MacBook Pro. or in iCloud. I don't see them in my list of devices on my iPhone or iPad.

I was told that Beats are Apple devices--Apple owns Beats and you can get AppleCare for Beats devices. That said, I just spent an hour on the phone with AppleCare trying to figure out why they're not in the list of Apple devices, but I have to call back tomorrow to speak with a supervisor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.