Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halhack4

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2022
So I just got my Beats Fit Pro today. And I have worn them a lot since I got them. I love the way they sound. I love the way they fit in my ears. But they have been dropping the connection to my iPhone very frequently. Like I have gotten probably six connection drops so far today in the 3-4 hours that I have had them in my possession.

Example: I'll be listening to music at my desk, with my phone within hands reach, and I open up my laptop and bam the music stops playing in my ears and I hear the disconnection chime in my ears from the Beats Fit Pro. Then I look in Bluetooth settings in my iPhone and the Beats Fit Pro are no longer listed in my Bluetooth devices list. I put them in the case, close and open the lid, and then I quickly get the square white connection box showing up on my iPhone and I have to click the connect button again to reconnect them. Then they work fine until this happens the next time.

I have a lot of apple wireless headphones: AirPods Gen 1, Power Beats Pro, Beat's Studio3, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max. None of them have any connection drops for me.

But the Beats Fit Pro are having lots of connection drops in the first few hours. I even reset them to factory settings, but I am still getting the connection drops.

Is anyone else having the same problem issue? Any advice? Thanks!
So, I have a pair of BFP and my problem was as I was walking (outdoors), they would occasionally drop connection similar to hitting the button to pause. However, if I shook my head, or just kept walking, it would within 3-5 seconds reconnect. I never looked at my iPhone to see if bluetooth was the problem. When it reconnected, the music hadn't been paused, it was where it would have been had no disconnect occurred. Now, the worst part of this whole mess.
I had purchased an apple care policy when I bought them. Called Apple to whine. Agen sent email saying product you requested is on the way. Beats Fit Pro. Three business days later, I received a box with a charging case. I at first thought that the package had somehow been opened and the ear buds stolen, but when I showed the box to Apple agent in person, the P/N 661-23553 was on the box inside the shipping box and that P/N is for (you guessed it), a charging case. However, on the outside of the shipping container, another P/N was there saying it was 661-23559. I just learned that P/N refers to the ear buds. And, I found out just now that the ear buds re back ordered and thus the reason for them not being in the package. I really think that the fix was in iOS 15.4.1 since they haven't experienced even one disconnect since I installed that update.

Other than this snafu, I really love these. I have Apple ear buds and they don't fit any human ears I've seen, but no complaints on the sound. Just that they don't stay in. BFP works great. Fit great. Sound great. If the disconnect is fixed, these are indeed awesome.

OcThom

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
The update worked fine for me; I update my iPhone (12 mini), my MBP m1 and my Watch.

New issue is when I'm using my MPB with the Beats and a message come in or a download completes, the Beats start an interference kind of noise which does not stop until I dis and reconnect…..

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have not updated my iPhone yet but I have not had any connection problems with my BFP.

I have had some problems with them slipping out of the back crevice of the ear though they haven't fallen out. I just screw them back in when they do this. It's typically after a long, sweaty run. The BFP wings are just a little small for my ears - I wish that they had variable sizes. They are fine when working on the strength equipment though.

OcThom

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
I do wish they had the option to change the volume though. Then they would be perfect. If they're ever updated with that feature I would even pay $50 more. (Because I really think they outrank the AirPods pro ;)

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I do wish they had the option to change the volume though. Then they would be perfect. If they're ever updated with that feature I would even pay $50 more. (Because I really think they outrank the AirPods pro ;)

There's really no room for additional controls on the device. They'd have to make it bigger.

OcThom

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
There's really no room for additional controls on the device. They'd have to make it bigger.
I would gladly exchange the "skip-forward" for volume control. Or spilt functions between left and right (not ideal, I know) or enable the owner to program this themselves and let them choose which function they prefer.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I would gladly exchange the "skip-forward" for volume control. Or spilt functions between left and right (not ideal, I know) or enable the owner to program this themselves and let them choose which function they prefer.

The button isn't really that great for fine control though.

I sometimes use my Jaybird X3s and those are really great for fit and they have the control stalk which makes volume control and start/stop easy. But you have the cord between the two ears. I think that it's basically impossible to get everything perfectly right. If I could have one thing on the BFP, though, it would be a larger earwing. Second would be volume controls. I thought that you could switch forward/back for volume on the BFP.

By default, when you press and hold the multifunction button (MFB) on your left or right earbud, your Beats Fit Pro or Beats Studio Buds earphones switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency modes. You can change the press-and-hold action to use one earbud to switch noise control modes and the other earbud to activate voice assistant.

Additionally, you can set the press-and-hold action on your Beats Fit Pro or Beats Studio Buds earphones to use one earbud to control volume up and the other earbud to control volume down.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
It works! I just tried it out and I have volume control now. I never used the Noise Cancellation/Siri stuff so this is a pretty good solution.

halhack4

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2022
"New issue is when I'm using my MPB with the Beats and a message come in or a download completes, the Beats start an interference kind of noise which does not stop until I dis and reconnect….."

There is a setting on the iPhone where you can decide whether or not you want notifications to come to your BFP. I turned mine off because the process is so intrusive and wonky. (Is wonky a word?) Anyway it solved my issue with that feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.