Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2020
I picked up a pair of BFP at the Apple store earlier today. Immediately compared them to my APP, and they're great but I am having a slight hissing when either transparency or noise cancelling is enabled. Anyone else running / hearing this? I heard that the newer Airpods 3 also have this, and exchanging seems to help. Ill swing by tomorrow to replace these, but was a bit bummed. Other than that they seem great.

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
Same. But I did swap my first pair as the left earbud drained noticeably faster than the right. New pair drains in tandem. No hissing on either pair.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
mine were perfect when i first got them but my left one started making a static like noise in transparancy and theres a noticable difference between the left and right in that mode, right lets much more noise in then the left side when in that mode. they work flawless in ANC mode though

ak_ree

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2017
I just got mine yesterday and love them however have an issue with the left. It’s staticky, noticeably lower in volume than the right, sound is muffled, and whenever I’m placing it in my ear it makes this feedback like sound. Going to return them tomorrow and consider exchanging as I really do like them from the quick 5 mins I got to use them before the left bud stopped working but I’ve read many people having the same issue especially with the left bud.

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I just got mine yesterday and love them however have an issue with the left. It’s staticky, noticeably lower in volume than the right, sound is muffled, and whenever I’m placing it in my ear it makes this feedback like sound. Going to return them tomorrow and consider exchanging as I really do like them from the quick 5 mins I got to use them before the left bud stopped working but I’ve read many people having the same issue especially with the left bud.

Mine have the same problem of the static in the left ear. If you search, there are a bunch of threads on Reddit with the same exact issue and all seem to be with the left one. Most have reported that exchanges haven’t helped. Mine are going back today and I’ll probably wait a few weeks/months to see if this gets fixed.

ak_ree

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2017
Mine have the same problem of the static in the left ear. If you search, there are a bunch of threads on Reddit with the same exact issue and all seem to be with the left one. Most have reported that exchanges haven’t helped. Mine are going back today and I’ll probably wait a few weeks/months to see if this gets fixed.
Yeah I read the thread on Reddit when it started happening to mine and decided to return them. I was going to get a new pair but decided to wait a bit. They are great ear buds but I definitely don’t want a pair that doesn’t work so I’ll be patient and wait and see if that issue is addressed in the future before I buy another pair.

Reactions: outsidah

rmariboe

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got 3 (White, Black, Grey) to decide which color I preferred. The white, right side one was hissing even when ANC/transparency was off - the rest were fine (though with a tiny bit of static in ANC mode). Luckily, I liked that white the least so would have returned it anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.