Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beats Fit Pro vs AirPods Pro

• Beats Fit Pro vs AirPods Pro

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • AirPods Pro

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

tim1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
sales have these as the same price, based upon that which would you buy or want.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Completely different products IMO as I own both. Fit, sound profile, comfort, portability, microphone, etc are all a tad different.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I switched to the BFP's because of the wing tips. Only thing that bothers me is accidentally pressing the button(s) while trying to adjust them. Only annoying when on a phone call.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Owned them both; found the APP to be uncomfortable and heavy. Never could get the right pod to stay in my ear while exercising. I find the sound quality about the same but fit and comfort much better on the BFP. I don't use the ANC feature but would rate them very similar, I keep mine in Transparency mode full time. I like the customizable BFP controls as I can long press left to lower volume or long press right to raise volume. The APP don't offer that feature. Once you become accustomed to the BFP you will stop accidentally pressing the buttons.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have both & switch back and forth; if forced to choose just one I’d pick the Beats but the APP does have some advantages. I like the MagSafe charging, and I prefer the APP case design in that I can clip it to a belt loop & use it more easily than the full-lid Beats case. The APP has better sound & better microphone, but not like night & day better - the Beats are fine. The Beats bother my ears after a few hours, but stay in better… APP are more comfortable but if I’m active, they don’t stay in place as well.

sixtydashone

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
What's the use case? I have both and prefer Beats Fit Pro for workouts (better sound, better fit, won't fall out during workouts) but I use the APP for work (better noise cancellation).

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I've owned both.

Ways the AirPods Pro are better than Beats Fit Pro:
  • Better noise cancellation
  • Better transparency mode
  • Better microphones
  • Better-designed and significantly more portable case (which also has wireless charging)
  • On-device controls less prone to accidental activation
Ways the Beats Fit Pro are better than AirPods Pro:
  • Better sound, with significantly better low-range (doesn't have the over-the-top bass other Beats headphones have)
  • Sits more comfortably and more securely in my ears (your mileage may vary)
  • Longer battery life
  • Usually less expensive than AirPods Pro
  • Comes in colours other than white
  • Doesn't suffer from the "rattlegate" problem of the AirPods Pro (at least not so far)
If these are available for the same price, which one you choose will come down to what's more important. Do you want outstanding sound, a more secure fit in your ear, longer battery life, and earbuds that aren't white? Get the Beats Fit Pro. Are you willing to settle for slightly less quality in audio performance, but with extremely good noise cancellation, transparency mode that sounds almost exactly like having nothing in your ears at all, good microphones, and a solidly- built case with wireless charging? Get the AirPods Pro.

Last edited:

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
I personally like the Beats Flex (Previously Beats X) way better than both the above products.

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I have/had the BFP, APP (wife's actually), PBP and Beats x. My favourites are the BFP. I loved my PBP and didn't think the BFP could be much better but they are. The APP are very nice, just not a long enough battery life or secure enough (I run a lot) for me.. and the Beats X were very average sound and failed a LOT (had 3 replacement pairs).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.