Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Has anyone else noticed how perfect the "Air" name is for this machine not only does it have great potential as it has for me to do more and more cloud computing but - if you look at it the design of the machine makes it look like from a little distance that it is floating in the air - due to the tapering the parts you don't see make it look like the Macbook Air just floats above the table.

I just wanted to start a thread on other little things that are absolutely marvelous about this little guy :)

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I have a 17" UB MBP, which is great by itself, but I'm still amazed every time I pickup my wife's MBA.

Though slightly OT, the unibody technology they share is the reason for both of these great industrial designs. I still enjoy looking at the top case and thinking about the laser drilled speaker grills and the "transparent aluminum" trick for the sleep and battery indicators. I will be the first to admit it, I don't mind paying for the privilege of owning such technology and art. Taking that into account, the unibody MBA/MB/MBP machines are a bargain [since they are still competitive on features alone].

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
I have a 17" UB MBP, which is great by itself, but I'm still amazed every time I pickup my wife's MBA.

Though slightly OT, the unibody technology they share is the reason for both of these great industrial designs. I still enjoy looking at the top case and thinking about the laser drilled speaker grills and the "transparent aluminum" trick for the sleep and battery indicators. I will be the first to admit it, I don't mind paying for the privilege of owning such technology and art. Taking that into account, the unibody MBA/MB/MBP machines are a bargain [since they are still competitive on features alone].

The aluminium design is incomparably cool.
I have yet to see a notebook which even slightly rivals Apple's hardware.

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Iv'e had my MBA for a couple weeks or so and never get tired of looking at the design. Almost every time I close it, I have to marvel over the thin, simplistic look. I love the fact that it fits in almost any portfolio or case. No need for a laptop case, just a nice leather portfolio or slip case. Netbooks beware! This thing is a full speed, full fledged machine, and it is more portable then most, and it just looks good. No turning back now, I have found portability nirvana...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.