Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5quad_HELLO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2016
Welp, so i woke up to an iPhone whose Pangu IPA jailbreak had apparently expired (dunno the correct term for it; but every weekend my iPhone restarts to a non-jailbroken one),

so I proceeded to turn the passcode and Find my iPhone off, run jbme.qwertyoruiop.com and then my iPhone rebooted to the white Hello screen stolen iPhones have. Now it refuses to activate.

I read something about deleting Setup.app or people claiming I should not have rebooted my phone (which I have).

Help plz, I've got places to be tomorrow and mid-terms this wednesday. What have i gotta do rn? Delete Setup.app via iFunBox? Set up a new Certificate as I did almost a year ago? I mean, I haven't lost my iOS 9, right?

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
in my opinion ios, 9 is valuable. if the op sells his phone it will fetch a much higher value.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Welp, so i woke up to an iPhone whose Pangu IPA jailbreak had apparently expired (dunno the correct term for it; but every weekend my iPhone restarts to a non-jailbroken one),

so I proceeded to turn the passcode and Find my iPhone off, run jbme.qwertyoruiop.com and then my iPhone rebooted to the white Hello screen stolen iPhones have. Now it refuses to activate.

I read something about deleting Setup.app or people claiming I should not have rebooted my phone (which I have).

Help plz, I've got places to be tomorrow and mid-terms this wednesday. What have i gotta do rn? Delete Setup.app via iFunBox? Set up a new Certificate as I did almost a year ago? I mean, I haven't lost my iOS 9, right?
Apple is preventing activations on iOS 9 for the 6s/6s+.

The Hello screen is actually the activation app running on top of springboard. Once it's running it takes over. A way to prevent that is to rename or delete the app itself so that the system fails to run it (links are usually hardcoded in iOS).

If you do a search for this with the target being reddit.com it can explain it more.

Unfortunately, it's already triggered on your 6s. No idea if there is a way to stop it now.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

The Hello screen is actually the activation app running on top of springboard. Once it's running it takes over. A way to prevent that is to rename or delete the app itself so that the system fails to run it (links are usually hardcoded in iOS).

If you do a search for this with the target being reddit.com it can explain it more.

Unfortunately, it's already triggered on your 6s. No idea if there is a way to stop it now.

What about using iMazing or 3utools? I remember getting stuck on the set up screen and was able to use iMazing to bypass it. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

Take a look at this. Maybe it will work for you.

G5quad_HELLO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2016

That's my question, how do I stop it once it's triggered

What about using iMazing or 3utools? I remember getting stuck on the set up screen and was able to use iMazing to bypass it. Just throwing it out there.
Yeah, I was thinking something like that.
Take a look at this. Maybe it will work for you.

I couldn't. The only PC capable of running a modern version of iTunes I have is my lady's laptop, which got stuck searching for the Apple Mobile Device driver and I just gave up on it for mid-terms.

Also, which of those pieces of software was it the one I had to pay for the full license? Is it worth it? Or it won't kick my iPhone out of activation any better?

BTW, I had switched sim cards four days prior to this in case it has anything to do.

How about this?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I used iMazing it's free to download if you just use it to kick you out of recovery or set up mode. The other functions require a purchased license. Fortunately, it worked for my issue of not getting past the set up screen after updating my prior JB ios 10.0.2 iPad Pro to 12.4. Not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.