Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
I just downloaded it but the screen doesnt reflect the changes at least on iTunes yet.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Changes are:

-Numerous bug fixes, including the blank chat screen issue.
-Better data compression across the network, should speed up initial buddy list load time on EDGE.
-Ability to select from history when setting a buddy icon, additional option to select an icon used by another accounts. (this was a feature that barely missed the 1.0.0 release).
-Other small UI enhancements.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
is the keyboard lag gone??? does it work on GPRS finally?

i am restoring my iphone now, can't test it myself!! :(

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Seems to work using GPRS it takes forever to connect though. The black screen issue with contacts seems to not have been fixed. You had me worried for a moment if it didn't work with GPRS this program would be useless to me.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
done with restoring.. but keep getting an error say pin.mismatch!! :( what is this??

edit: got it fix.. :)

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Amazing.. it took these guys 1.5 weeks to get the update live.. while it took more than a month for the twnety08 scammers to get 3.1 out, and still manage not to get it right.

best 15$ spent!

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
OMG so awesome

ok, one thing that was bugging me it was not able to change my screen name picture, but with this new release we can now change our picture for every individual messenger!!!!

That is sooo awesome!!!!

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Hmm, still can't set buddy icon for Yahoo account.

Same with me.. I'm guessing thats a yahoo restriction, but Beejive doesn't make mention of that anywhere.

I'm SOOOO glad the black screen window is gone!! its so much easier to just click the name in the buddy list to go to a conversation instead of through the chats tab. (Its only saving one or 2 steps, but it seems more natural that way!)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
me either, I don't know how the guy above you did it. I click on the icon and it does nothing... it only changes for my aim account

Same. Probably he forgot to test YIM so it shouldn't be "every individual messengers" but most of it I guess..

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Sorry guys, yup I didn't check my yahoo account I was too excited

thanks for ruining my day :(

kidding, oh well. I'm complaining over at their site.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.