Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I have had nothing but bad luck this year with android. Had a defective S7 edge, left for Europe with a brand new note 7 the day that they started blowing up, and now cracked my v20.

It was time to come back to iOS. Can't say I am to happy about it. The 7+ is a decent phone, but not being able to tweak the UI to my liking is really irking me. Also never thought the lack of app drawer would be my most missed feature. Also why in 2016 can I not choose how many rows of apps I have.

At the same time it is nice to peak my head back in and check out what apple has been up to. Lots of nice little tweaks since iOS 8.

No point to this post just signing off of android. I will probably end up with a s8, but getting scolded by multiple flight attendants, and the stress of all the note 7 drama is still fresh in my mind.

Happy holidays.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
good phones are out there in iOS and android land. Buy what you like.

Really don't see why this thread exists though.

Reactions: UltraInstinct

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
So you had a Note 7 that had a hardware problem, you dropped your LG and cracked the screen, but it's Android's (software) fault? Sounds to me like you wanted an excuse to buy a new phone.

Reactions: three

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Gotta love how we get a thread every time somebody decides something and clearly has buyer's remorse.

I think if people were truly happy with their decision, they wouldn't run to the forums to seek validation.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I bet if you had the Nexus 6P earlier this year, and the Pixel XL more recently, you'd have a much different opinion.

I feel bad for iPhone fans, that finally try Android out, and pick up the sh!ttty Samsung Galaxy phones, Touchwiz just blows, and gives Android a bad rap. Likewise the LG V20 is OK, but it's not stock Android.

Try a Pixel XL and I bet you love it.

Reactions: scott craft

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
He'll be back in no time after experiencing all the iOS 10.x bugs, crashes, reboots and shutdowns at 40% battery.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I bet if you had the Nexus 6P earlier this year, and the Pixel XL more recently, you'd have a much different opinion.

I feel bad for iPhone fans, that finally try Android out, and pick up the sh!ttty Samsung Galaxy phones, Touchwiz just blows, and gives Android a bad rap. Likewise the LG V20 is OK, but it's not stock Android.

I went from Android to iPhone two years ago and now I'm using an S7. It's amazing and clunky at the same time. I should have gotten a pixel.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
He'll be back in no time after experiencing all the iOS 10.x bugs, crashes, reboots and shutdowns at 40% battery.
Kind of like bugs, glitches, crashes, restarts, and all that that people experience with Android? Or is it basically just some things that some people experience, while most don't really experience most of those things and/or not nearly to the degree that affects them much?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

This has been my experience. Samsung sells aesthetically pleasing hardware with horrible software and that definitely makes Android look bad. Using straight Android on a Pixel (I haven't touched a Nexus since the Nexus One), its clear that Google is improving their OS while Cook & Co. continue to bog down iOS without working out simple bugs before releasing.

Reactions: Tig Bitties
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.