Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
They just cut it nicely so they can have pic of small dimensions.
This doesn't even deserve to be in page 2.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
looks funny to me in an amuzing way why bother really just show the whole ipod and dock much easier

lindmar

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2003
I wouldnt mind a small ipod like that! :)
Do we really neeed a screen for 2 or 4 gigs?
Keep the costs down...
Why is this day taking so long to get here.

peharri

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2003
Why?

I don't get why they choose to crop it this way. Why not just crop the picture naturally, ie the "top of the iPod" is abruptly cut off by the top edge of the picture, rather than spend all this time photoshopping and airbrushing?

(I assume Arn's right and it's not the ePod, 'cos if it were you'd have to navigate blind, even assuming there's a screen on the back. The touchwheel would be the last thing you'd want to use as an interface.)

(But then this whole ePod thing is getting more and more wierd to me. I think people have made a compelling case now for a 1.5G model being possible, probably costing less than $150, but that's not what the rumour is - it's definitely (supposedly) 2G, and definitely $99. I guess we'll find out in six days...)

five04

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina
no chance of it being the new ipods, because if you look at the top, the corners are all fuzzy where they've just been whiped away. i think it looks rediculous. they could've just left half the screen in the picture. i don't think it would've looked bad.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
ya...sure....

You can tell that the top was rounded terribly. I agree with everyone who said that it is just to show dimensions.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Originally posted by Chip NoVaMac
Seems like too much work to simply to fit their "design" of the site. Maybe an early "leak" of the MiniPod?

Shhh... don't tell: Arn gets all of his rumors from Target. :p

requies

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2003
The new Apple iPod with MindWire technology frees you from unsightly wires and physical interfaces. MindWire reads and broadcasts brain waves. Now you can control the iPod with your mind and listen to your music without headphones or speakers.

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
I dunno...

the back of that iPod is slanted --- it kinda doesn't look like a photoshop job....?

I think the iPods do need a screen --- if this is (or is like) the mini iPod, then perhaps the screen is on the back?

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
haha

Originally posted by HasanDaddy
I dunno...
I think the iPods do need a screen --- if this is (or is like) the mini iPod, then perhaps the screen is on the back?

HAHA that would be a pain in the ass.

s0nix

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2004
menu button

the "beheaded ipod" in this ad has a menu button. So unless it has a reverse mounted LCD(pain in the ass), a text 2 speech menu( would you want a jog dial?) or a remote LCD(again, jog dial?) its probably a fake, but if the minipod rumors develop into actual product at keynote time tuesday, I think Targets in for a law suite, since presumably they'd already know about the products.

On the idea of the minipod I'd also think that apple would return to the old style button surrounding the jogdial....

-sonic

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
WHy are people even entertaining the idea that this thing exists? It is as clear as day that this is a photoshopped job, you only have to look at the enlarged picture to see that its not even a very good one. Gods knows why they bothered though.

edit: and the shaping of it is not even symetrical

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Re: Why?

Originally posted by peharri
I don't get why they choose to crop it this way. Why not just crop the picture naturally, ie the "top of the iPod" is abruptly cut off by the top edge of the picture, rather than spend all this time photoshopping and airbrushing?

That's the first thing I asked myself as well. Would've saved a lot of time, lol.

TyWahn

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2003
Originally posted by Chip NoVaMac
Because I do graphics on a small scale, maybe some can explain how long it would take an experienced PS user to accomplish the changes needed in this image.

It would take probably 10-15 minutes max. It (Target's pix) is not even that good of a job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.