Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Both of mine have now updated to 277 and so far, touch wood, no charging issues.

You can update the charger with a new firmware?

How do you do this? Connect it to a computer and download the firmware and install?

rubikwizard

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2023
You can update the charger with a new firmware?

How do you do this? Connect it to a computer and download the firmware and install?
It just updates itself while a phone is connected and charging. I don't think you can force the update.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
It just updates itself while a phone is connected and charging. I don't think you can force the update.

Interesting. Do you mean that the phone is “connected” with MagSafe? If so, it is via Bluetooth or something the files are transferred automatically?

rubikwizard

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2023
Just put your phone on magsafe and leave it to charge ... nothing else needed. My chargers are used to charge phones overnight and both have now updated but there was about a week between the first one updating and the second one, so it might not happen straight away ...

To see your current firmware version attach your phone to magsafe - wait several minutes - then with it still attached go to phone SETTINGS - GENERAL - ABOUT scroll down to after where it says Network Lock and there should be an entry for BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1, if not wait a few more minutes, tap this and you will see the firmware number. The latest firmware is 277.0.0.0 and was released in the last few weeks.

Reactions: annk and Zest28

error1

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2007
What I don't get is why the phone has to loudly go THWANG when it detects a magsafe connection at night! The whole point of sleep focus is to silence alerts, and the intermittent magsafe connection when the phone is fully charged wouldn't have mattered at all if the phone would just shut up about it :(

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
What I don't get is why the phone has to loudly go THWANG when it detects a magsafe connection at night! The whole point of sleep focus is to silence alerts, and the intermittent magsafe connection when the phone is fully charged wouldn't have mattered at all if the phone would just shut up about it :(

On the other hand, when a charger is working properly, it should never disconnect and reconnect by itself.

I'm using an Apple power supply and Apple MagSafe puck. It never drops its charging connection... ever. A complete electric company disruption would be the only way to hear it go thwang.

Last edited:

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
These guys are con artists and they have no intention to replace our charging stands.

Being completely and utterly incompetent does not mean Belkin is running a criminal enterprise.

It's been 5 weeks since your post, did your replacement ever show up, and if so, is it working?

rubikwizard

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2023
My original one did this, but the replacement did not.
Now that my original has updated firmware to 277 it has also stopped doing this (touch wood!)

Reactions: error1

shootertwist14

macrumors member
May 2, 2016
did the software update fix it? Still waiting on mine to update to share my own experience… been leaving the phone for longer than usual to charge to trigger the update but still not doing it after about 2 weeks now

rubikwizard

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2023
did the software update fix it? Still waiting on mine to update to share my own experience… been leaving the phone for longer than usual to charge to trigger the update but still not doing it after about 2 weeks now
So far, so good ... hopefully fixed!!

NachoNoir

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
Just put your phone on magsafe and leave it to charge ... nothing else needed. My chargers are used to charge phones overnight and both have now updated but there was about a week between the first one updating and the second one, so it might not happen straight away ...

To see your current firmware version attach your phone to magsafe - wait several minutes - then with it still attached go to phone SETTINGS - GENERAL - ABOUT scroll down to after where it says Network Lock and there should be an entry for BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1, if not wait a few more minutes, tap this and you will see the firmware number. The latest firmware is 277.0.0.0 and was released in the last few weeks.
I've done this, but the entry for BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1 never appears. I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro. Is there anything special I should do to get it? (Thanks in advance)

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
I had stopped using mine. Left it out for a few days with the 15 on it occasionally and its now updated to 277....

...and that has stopped it doing the "THWANG" thing in the middle of the night! Yay!

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
I had stopped using mine. Left it out for a few days with the 15 on it occasionally and its now updated to 277....

...and that has stopped it doing the "THWANG" thing in the middle of the night! Yay!

UPDATE! I was WRONG....it was OK for two nights but has now started doing the "THWANG" thing in the middle of the night again......time for it to go in the trash and buy something else!

Merak75

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2024
UPDATE! I was WRONG....it was OK for two nights but has now started doing the "THWANG" thing in the middle of the night again......time for it to go in the trash and buy something else!
Wish I saw this thread before I bought mine. First night was fine. Second night the damn thing woke me up 3 different times because it disconnected then reconnected multiple times. I’m just returning mine and will look for another similar item.

JonYo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2004
SF Bay area, CA
After sitting in a drawer for months due to the middle of the night TWANG waking me up, I got mine to firmware 277. Hasn't made any difference for me either. Far too late for me to return it, so I'm unfortunately e-wasting it, as constantly being woken up by it is not something I'm goin to put up with and I see no solution.

Reactions: dealmaker

DeKa

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2002
Sydney Australia
I've done this, but the entry for BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1 never appears. I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro. Is there anything special I should do to get it? (Thanks in advance)
My work phone (iPhone 14, with MDM) doesn't seem to show the entry for the BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1 charger in General -> About.
My personal phone (iPhone 15 Pro, no MDM) does... I wonder if it's the MDM?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Just purched the new Anker Qi2 MagGo 3 in 1 charging stand and I love it! Love how easy it is to disconnect the cable and just use the thing as a stand. Not a proprietary cable either and cheaper too!

meridiusuk

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Belkin 3 in 1 model. WIZ017myWH

I’ve noticed that my AirPods Pro 2 are hot after overnight charging on the Belkin 3 in 1 charger, The charging indicator on the Belkin charger never turns off and stays solid throughout the night. I thought there was circuitry wireless charging products to prevent overcharging however it seems either the AirPods Pro 2 or the Belkin charger isn’t doing its job to prevent this. I think this charger has damaged my AirPods Pro 2 twice.

The first time the left ear would no longer have a working noise cancellation and problems with transparency took them to Apple thinking it was just a faulty bud, they tested then and found the left bud faulty so replaced it.

Now 3 months down the line the same thing happened again with weak noise cancellation, thought Apple where up to their tricks of reducing the effect of the noise cancellation but took them to Apple again tested them and both where faulty.

The Apple engineer was puzzled why this has happened twice to me so I explained about the belkin i3 In 1 and he said to stop using it immediately as when the AirPods are fully charged they should turn of the charging circuit and not get hot.

He did say to use a wire or Apple wireless charger only from now on since both buds were changed. He thinks the heat is damaging the buds as they are always hot and to contact belkin.

Also he suggested if it happens again with the apple Charger or wire it might be the Apple case fault but as I told him about the heat he is 99% positive that is the belkin charger as no way should the case and AirPods get hot after a couple hours of charge.

Time will tell if it’s the belkin charger but to be honest after leaving them on for 9 hours and the case is hot when removed tells me there is a fault with the belklin charger as the apple charger does not let the case get hot and turns off.

I would suggest not to use this charger for AirPods I do t seem to have problems with my iPhone and watch as these seem to turn off.

I will be contacting belkin as this sounds like a design flaw.

Here is a link to others with the same problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/comments/pr6oha

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.