Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plaine300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Charleston, SC
So this thing doesn't fit in the dock. That kinda stinks, as its a bit difficult to take apart and doesn't feel like its made too sturdy. Wish I would have gone with the leather one.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
I got it and I like it. Yeah it sucks because you cant dock with it on, but Im not to keen on docks anyway. I will just lay the phone flat.

MedRed

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
most cases aren't going to work with the dock. i really like this case. traded the isee case which sucked for this one.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2006
most cases aren't going to work with the dock. i really like this case. traded the isee case which sucked for this one.

Really? How does the Belkin one differ from the iSee Contour one? I'm using the iSee right now and I really like it. Though, in all honesty, I have nothing to compare it to.

jstennis1591

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Is this the one wiht the built in stand? I wanted that one, but had to buy the iSee which SUCKS!

plaine300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Charleston, SC
want one?

I'm happy to sell my, half price if interested. I gave it a second day in court, thinking I could get around the dock issue, BUT, i ignored the obvious, perhaps. That is, the the thing really makes dirt visible. Pocket crumbs. I put it in my pocket today to go out, pulled it out and had flashes of what my current Apple keyboard looks like if I turn it upside down. All sorts of dirt, debris, lint. Gathers in it and is of course visible. Sure, you can take the case off and clean it, but given its construction, seems like its gonna crack at any given moment.

If anyone ones one (used once!), lemme know, happy to part with my for half price, although i no longer have the original packaging.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I'm happy to sell my, half price if interested. I gave it a second day in court, thinking I could get around the dock issue, BUT, i ignored the obvious, perhaps. That is, the the thing really makes dirt visible. Pocket crumbs. I put it in my pocket today to go out, pulled it out and had flashes of what my current Apple keyboard looks like if I turn it upside down. All sorts of dirt, debris, lint. Gathers in it and is of course visible. Sure, you can take the case off and clean it, but given its construction, seems like its gonna crack at any given moment.

If anyone ones one (used once!), lemme know, happy to part with my for half price, although i no longer have the original packaging.

He is right about the dirt. It shows the crud inside the case, especially around the bezel.

plaine300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Charleston, SC
plastic

yeah, that plastic won't last if you clean the thing regularly... oh well. will go without or wait for a new/better one. my wife has the leather case, it seems pretty cool. i hope she doesn't see my posts here, or i'll never live it down that she made a wiser purchase than me, haha.

i should have known better, my apple keyboard is a buffet of crumbs and hair. pretty gross actually, but it beats anything PC design has come up with (ex: black).

this phone is truly amazing.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
i'd rather have crumbs than dents

I agree that there are some crumb/lint issues with this case but it does serve its purpose. It also looks good in my opinion. I know I'm going to be greatfull that I have this case when I drop it for the first time. It is kind of sketchy to open it because you don't know if it will crack or not. This product has its pros and cons.

Bostonian1976

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
I just took mine off for good I think. Small amounts of lint and dirt were getting in and leaving small dimples on the back in the aluminum

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I bought it and don't care for it. I will keep it though. I think it will be useful when I fly (at least once a month) to use the easel feature to watch a movie or TV show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.