Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anaymakan

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2023
I've owned a Belkin Soundform Connect for a couple of months now. It's currently plugged into a 1995 Sony Hi-Fi (just thought it would be a cheaper way to bring some life back into the system rather than spending 100s on a new system)

For the most part, it works. I have no volume issues as many people have reported using both optical and 3.5mm. And no latency when synced with the awful Belkin App.

But my biggest gripe is when the Soundform Connect doesn't show up in AirPlay. There are so many times when I want to play some music, go to select the device and it doesn't show up. Never had this issue with any Google Home or Alexa devices. I get that I do not own an Apple TV or HomePod which can act as a hub for the device but I shouldn't need one for this device to show up and play music. Often it takes upto 2 minutes to show up which can be frustrating or even need a reboot.

anaymakan

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2023
Interesting. I have no hub so I don’t have the new architecture. Tempted to buy an apple tv as I genuinely need one for my Sony TV which the apps have been very slow. But this would also benefit my nanoleaf lights, hive heating and now Belkin AirPlay adapter

Reactions: srbNYC

blinkie

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
i got it too work here is how

This is where you can download the app to do the initial wifi setup and do the firmware update: https://www.belkin.com/support-article/?articleNum=317574 after doing that reset the belkin soundforce with the small reset button for 5 using a paperclip or something. if you dont reset it, it still wont be able to add itself to home kit so do the reset! then go to home kit and add it there by scanning the nfc tag with the top of the phone swiping over it! thats it watch it all in the video
Perfect. That was what I needed. Thank you.

anaymakan

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2023
ironically after using at university accommodation and with the new IOS 17 architecture, it has worked flawlessly, better than bluetooth. I think they must've improved connectivity and firmware because when I bought the product, it was always on clearance for £20 and now they are back to selling around £70 on black friday. Really wish I could buy another one for £20 and connect to more speakers and run multi room but I don't think I'll ever find it for that price again.

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
I dont know why anyone would use anything other than an Airport Express. Great sound output both analog and digital, wifi or wired networking (with a built in 1 port switch) half the price and solid as a rock.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I dont know why anyone would use anything other than an Airport Express. Great sound output both analog and digital, wifi or wired networking (with a built in 1 port switch) half the price and solid as a rock.
Agreed but mine died.

blinkie

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
I dont know why anyone would use anything other than an Airport Express. Great sound output both analog and digital, wifi or wired networking (with a built in 1 port switch) half the price and solid as a rock
do they use airplay2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.