Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Could a few M2 MacBook Air users run this fairly intensive benchmark and report back observations, results? Ideally with some kind of temp monitoring active for CPU/GPU.

https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley (it's a free download)

I saw GregsGadgets' video showing the 8-GPU M2 Air beating the 10-GPU running Rise of the Tomb Raider (Rosetta 2 emu). I am trying to get more 8 vs 10 GPU results.

I will run this demo on my 8-GPU M1 Air and post results in a few hours.

Thanks for anyone who can give this a shake.

bp

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Why are you interested in this ancient OpenGL benchmark? As a modern, Apple Silicon optimised test I would recommend 3DMark Wild Life Extreme.

Reactions: jdb8167

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
This doesn't benchmark anything meaningful these days. On the M1 Max the average power draw during the test were a mere 8.5W. The GPU never went over 540MHz.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Why are you interested in this ancient OpenGL benchmark? As a modern, Apple Silicon optimised test I would recommend 3DMark Wild Life Extreme.
This seems more intensive. Probably a better way to go, yes.

I did note that the bench I suggested maxed GPU on this M1 Pro, so it works GPU but indeed CPU is very lightly affected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.