Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pyrotechnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Having recently purchased an M3 24" iMac, I am looking to maximise my desk space and get rid of my desk lamp that sits to the left of my screen and replace it with a Screenbar, thus causing less glare and probably making my eyesight a little better in the process.

Has anyone got any images or feedback of how this would look with the 24" iMac, which I have purchased in silver. I am guessing it will cover the camera, but not really bothered as I can slide it a cm either way on the occasions I do use it. I see they do a matt silver version which is as near as I can get. However, I want it to look aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.

Any information would be appreciated.

tucogovinda

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
In and around the D.
For Christmas, I bought my dad a ScreenBar Plus for his M1 24” iMac. He loves it. Yes, you have shift it slightly off-center so the camera won’t be covered, but other than that it’s pretty perfect on/with the iMac. His iMac is green, but the ScreenBar Plus still looks good since the majority of the visible part of the iMac is the white bezel. It’ll obviously match your silver iMac even better. I highly recommend the BenQ ScreeBar.

tragicwinding

Suspended
May 23, 2023
I don't have personal images, but I've seen a few setups with the ScreenBar on similar-sized iMacs. The matte silver version should complement your silver iMac nicely, creating a clean and modern look. It's designed to be unobtrusive and should fit well without covering the camera significantly. Plus, its adjustable nature means you can slide it a bit if needed for those occasional camera uses. You can check out https://freeduckvs.life/product_details/30844724.html for more info and suggestions. They have some great images and details that could give you a better idea of the aesthetics and functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.