Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
It's a 2018 cellular model, the 12.9" 3rd gen.

I didn't even notice it was bent - an Apple employee told me when he saw it. He said that "unofficially" he'd suggest me to bend it back (i.e. that's what he'd do if it was his). But officially, he would not suggest that, he said.

The iPad has been working fine. I'm scared bending it back will break something. It's barely noticeable, but I'd like to sell it and want it to be in good condition for the new owners.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No. Pls don’t. If it Ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Especially when you say it’s barely noticeable, meaning unlikely internal components suffer substantial structural damage.
Without extensive disassembly, you don’t know if just the frame bent, or something else also in play.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I would just leave it. There is a potential to make it worse and it‘s working so I would leave it. I had a 2017 iPad Pro. It noticed it was bent a few months after I purchased it. I just left it and carried on using it. It was still working perfectly fine three years later when I upgraded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silly John Fatty

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
If you didn’t notice, then it’s not too bent. The chances of it breaking are likely not insignificant, I’d leave it be.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks for all the advices people! It sucks a little bit because I'd like to sell it. I guess I'll leave it that way then. But I have to say, this advice doesn't sound bad:

I did this - put it between a lot of books and bent it with the weight of books

Still too risky?

Reactions: jbachandouris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.