Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BerryBrowser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
San Francisco, CA
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1385743638

Got tired of blinding white flashes from webpages at night, so I built Berry, the app that automatically gives every web page a "dark mode". Browse comfortably with Berry.

Lots of features included like AdBlock, navigation at the bottom for thumb-friendly access, private tabs (v1.0.2 rolling out to app store now), dark reader mode, Today widget, dark keyboard, and more.

No In-App Purchases, advertisements, or anything of that sort. Best-in-class Privacy Policy (we never track or keep anything, ever).

App store has all the details: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1385743638

Check out the attached screenshot to see what macRumors looks like in Berry - happy to answer questions and take feedback as well.

Attachments

• IMG_86351497B736-1.jpeg
    IMG_86351497B736-1.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 341
Reactions: Harry S. Wise

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It looks really cool. I've added it also to my wiki post topic of dark mode apps just now.
I do wonder though if the dark mode can only be switched manually or if it can also switch automatically to dark mode with one switch and or settings to determine from when to when the dark mode will be active in the browser?

BerryBrowser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
San Francisco, CA
Hey there - yes you can toggle Dark Mode on and off by holding the refresh button. There will be an update soon that makes this even easier to do though.

tonyc46

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
It seems as though it has gone to a subscription pricing model. $2.99 for the app then $4.99/month or $49.99/year for "Berry Secure" (whatever that is). I assume it's an incognito mode and/or a VPN. It's free today (Mar 20, 2019), so going to give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.