Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarD2428

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
BerryC8 has been released to the public as of 10:53 est.
Has anyone tried it?
Bugs, is it good?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
What is BerryC8?

Your post is like saying, Have you seen Bob? I heard Bob is awesome. What's Bob like?

From looking at it in Cydia, it is a tweak that allows up to 8 apps on the lock screen that you drag down over the TouchID sensor to immediately open the app. Seems somewhat of an interesting idea for the lock screen.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
From looking at it in Cydia, it is a tweak that allows up to 8 apps on the lock screen that you drag down over the TouchID sensor to immediately open the app. Seems somewhat of an interesting idea for the lock screen.

BerryC8 just got another update and now allows up to 12 apps on the lock screen. Good alternative of paid tweak "AppBox 8".

Last edited:

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
I installed it but can't use more than 4 icons at once. Scrolling doesn't work. Seems like a cool tweak tho.

you have to change the number of icons per page

----------

seems like a nice tweak, it needs a little work since some icons dont theme such as cydia with ayecon installed but otherwise i like it.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
Any reason why? I haven't really had much of a look at BerryC8 yet.

It just worked better and made more sense. In jelly lock, you'd drag from a central point to the app you wanted to open. All the app shortcuts were posted in a small semicircle around the central point (right above touch id). Berryc8 has the app shortcuts in a straight line and you drag down to a central point. And to top it off, the unlock feature doesn't work like it did in jelly.

sampd

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2010
It just worked better and made more sense. In jelly lock, you'd drag from a central point to the app you wanted to open. All the app shortcuts were posted in a small semicircle around the central point (right above touch id). Berryc8 has the app shortcuts in a straight line and you drag down to a central point. And to top it off, the unlock feature doesn't work like it did in jelly.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I'm giving AppBox a go for a few days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.