Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c.greene914

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
With 3.0 nearing official release, I am looking into some stereo bluetooth headphones. I have look over the Sony HBH-IS800, the Motorola S9, the Jay-Bird JB200 and all of them have more negative reviews than positive.

I am hoping that some on here have some good suggestions. These will be primarily used to listen to my iPhone while working out. Usually no more than 1.5 hours at a time and will be recharged daily, so battery life is not a huge concern. They may be occasionally used at the beach or pool.

Also, another tangentially related question. I don't actually keep the music on my iPhone. I either use Simplify Media to stream it or listen to Slacker Radio. I assume that this won't make a difference with using headphones. Am I right, or will the A2DP feature only work with the iPod feature of the phone?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
I have been beta testing 3.0 for awhile. To answer your second question, yes it will work with other programs, however, how much control you have (play, pause, etc) may vary.

I tired the jaybirds. terrible fit for me. I bought the plantronics but it is not for working out (although it is stereo bluetooth with an adapter). I found the motorolas were the most consistent for stereo bluetooth.

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
I use the Motorola S305 and it works fairly well. It's decent sound all around for Bluetooth headphones. I also wear it playing basketball and it hasn't fallen off yet, although I believe the S9 is sweat-proof and S305 is not.

I wouldn't always go by reviews as everyone has different preferences. A buddy of mine has the S9 and he loves it. He also uses it while working out.

zulkiflim

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Singapore
Heya

Did anyone ever use Sony DR BT100CX or HBH-IS800?
Or Phillips SHB7100?

Wish some one would compile a list of all the A2DP Iphone control compliant stereo in ear blue-tooth head set..

c.greene914

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
I see a couple people like the Motorolas but from what I've heard they are so sensitive to water that sweat will easily destroy them. I would basically only them at the gym so that's a no-go.

darkflounder

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
I love my Jaybird JB-200s. They fit me very well. I wish the battery life was longer, but I understand why it's as short as it is (they're very lightweight and comfortable). I've gotten almost 3hrs of battery life out of them (listening to podcasts with the volume lower than default).

My only complaint is that the wire that connects the two earpieces tends to stick to the back of my shaved head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.