Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ian Aitken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
Columbia, SC
What are the best accessories to buy for vlogging/creating content with an iPhone?
(Specific brand/model)

Last edited:

MassiveBeers

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2021
Hope, New Jersey
I film a ton with my 11 Pro Max and while i have a ton or random toys the wollowing are my "musts" at least for me:

Filmic Pro: Best video recording app, kind of a must ... the ability to record at high bit rates, lock and control focus and color balance is key.

Small Rig Clamps: These things are the best. They clamp on to anything and are way better than toting around a large tripod.

DJI Osmo 3: A bit of a luxury but does really kill it for on the move buttery smoothness. I liek the 3 over the 4 and 5 personally.

Shure mv88 Condenser Mic: iPhones mic is surprisingly good indoors, but outdoors in wind it’s a deal breaker, this is a good option, but a 1/8 jack mic with the headphone adapter works well too."If' the iphone ever ditches the lightning port this will be obsolete so keep that in mind.

Saramonic Short Lightning Cable with Right-Angle Connector: I use this to connect my Sure mic without taking the case off.

3M™ Dual-Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners: I attach these to my mounts and tripods and to the mic to mount the mic

Any cheapo smartphone tripod holders and tripods from ebay: Never seen the need for expensive versions of these.

Last edited:

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
It was too heavy.
Do you mean the magnetic field did some damage, or he damaged it detaching it due to the strength of the magnet, or something like that? Thanks for your insight. I am considering the 13 PM and have the DJI OM5 arriving on Tuesday.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
Do you mean the magnetic field did some damage, or he damaged it detaching it due to the strength of the magnet, or something like that? Thanks for your insight. I am considering the 13 PM and have the DJI OM5 arriving on Tuesday.
no no.the latest DJI OM uses magnet to hold the phone onto the gimbal,and that magnet has a weight limit,go over the limit and one can pray that it wouldnt suddenly drop off.

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
no no.the latest DJI OM uses magnet to hold the phone onto the gimbal,and that magnet has a weight limit,go over the limit and one can pray that it wouldnt suddenly drop off.
OK thanks. The 12PM never made it to the official compatibility list but the OM 5 has the 12PM on the list and I am hoping there will be no issues with the 13PM, or that the 13Pro has all the features of the PM camera including ProRes.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.