Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPØØK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
I've been taking a look at a handful of ear tips for the AirPods Pro. I'm curious if anyone has compared multiple brands that are popular on the market. Some of the ear tips I've seen follow:

On my AirPods, I'm using the Comply tips which work great but are starting to disintegrate. What has you experience been and is there an ear tip that you recommend over another?

BRMperc

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2019
I've only used the Comply. They do wear out after a couple of months of pretty heavy use. They're not cheap, but foam just kind of disintegrates so I'm not sure how they could fix that.

Comply also sends coupons so I now have enough to last me for a while!

theapplepie

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2018
I've been taking a look at a handful of ear tips for the AirPods Pro. I'm curious if anyone has compared multiple brands that are popular on the market. Some of the ear tips I've seen follow:

On my AirPods, I'm using the Comply tips which work great but are starting to disintegrate. What has you experience been and is there an ear tip that you recommend over another?
Hi there,

I highly recommend Foam Masters Black Magic 4.0. I could never use the AirPods Pro because the silicone tips didn’t stay in, and Comply and CharJenPro worked better than the silicone, but nothing beats Foam Masters. I use a Medium in my left ear and a Large in my right ear. They stay in and the noise cancellation is superb.

Foam Masters Black Magic 4.0

ice29

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Switzerland
Bought the CharJenPro for APP2 recently and can’t recommend them, the ANC is noticeably worse. I tried all tip sizes, all pass the in-ear test, but all give me bad ANC (whereas with Apple tips it works perfect with any of S/M/L size in my ears)

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Hi there,

I highly recommend Foam Masters Black Magic 4.0. I could never use the AirPods Pro because the silicone tips didn’t stay in, and Comply and CharJenPro worked better than the silicone, but nothing beats Foam Masters. I use a Medium in my left ear and a Large in my right ear. They stay in and the noise cancellation is superb.

I have a question about the sizing of these. How do they match up with the size of the silicone ones that come with the AirPods? I am using the large and while I pass the Ear Tip Fit Test, they just feel loose and like they'll fall out. Should I go with with the large size in these as well?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Hi there,

Ordered. Thanks!!!

Reactions: theapplepie

theapplepie

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2018
I have a question about the sizing of these. How do they match up with the size of the silicone ones that come with the AirPods? I am using the large and while I pass the Ear Tip Fit Test, they just feel loose and like they'll fall out. Should I go with with the large size in these as well?
Hi usmaak,

I will try to answer this the best that I can. While I haven’t put them side by side or top to bottom, they feel slightly larger than the silicone tips because of how they’re shaped. I seem to have large ears, so for me a medium Foam Masters tip in my left ear fits perfectly, whereas I use a large in the right ear. It’s perfectly acceptable, but I’d prefer a Medium and a half for my right ear. I hope this was helpful.

Happy Holidays!

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Hi usmaak,

I will try to answer this the best that I can. While I haven’t put them side by side or top to bottom, they feel slightly larger than the silicone tips because of how they’re shaped. I seem to have large ears, so for me a medium Foam Masters tip in my left ear fits perfectly, whereas I use a large in the right ear. It’s perfectly acceptable, but I’d prefer a Medium and a half for my right ear. I hope this was helpful.

Happy Holidays!
Very helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: theapplepie

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I've tried a range and sent them all back. They did not match the OEM's performance for my ears.
Just to throw in here, I’ve been using Comply ear tips for about six months now and I am still on my first pair. They are starting to get ready to be changed out but I just passed the ear tip fit test right now. They are comfortable and don’t make my ears itch like the ear tips that come with the airpods.

Reactions: scrane

SPØØK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
I’m actively using Comply but they’re disintegrating. I’m going to try the Foam Masters 4.0 and compare them to the Comply. Someone remind me to share here if you don’t see a response in the next few months

dubvulture

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Coming back about a year later. What do you think about the Foam Masters Black Magic 4.0?
I use the the Foam Masters 4.0s and I love them. They last far longer than the Comply tips for me. And they are super comfortable. I wear my AirPods for as long as 5-6 hours straight with no fatigue.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I’m actively using Comply but they’re disintegrating. I’m going to try the Foam Masters 4.0 and compare them to the Comply. Someone remind me to share here if you don’t see a response in the next few months
I tried the Foam Masters tips but I could never get the tip fit test to pass. The Comply ones have been the only ones that have been able to pass it for me.

SPØØK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
I use Comply’s 2.0 small tips, which fit perfectly for my ear size; this is contingent on my ear size and may not be the same for others. I just tried the Foam Masters, and I don’t find them as comfortable as the Comply 2.0 tips. I also found the ANC to be a bit worse with the Foam Masters.

I can see how the Foam Masters last longer with the material quality, but the biggest issue I have aside from fit comfortably is that ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) is worse with the Foam Masters. For me, ANC is one of the most essential for my AirPods Pro. Worse ANC may be due to my ear size, but it could also be due to material or sizing differences. I can’t say conclusively.

This being said, I’m sticking with the Comply 2.0 small tips even though they disintegrate a bit faster; I’ll just buy a three-pack.

If you’re coming across this thread to find out what the best AirPods Pro foam tips are, I highly recommend looking at other AirPods Pro foam tips and not only the popular ones like Comply and Foam Masters. I’d also suggest you don’t rely solely on this thread for your research, as comfortability differs for each person. Give different tips a try.

JBaby_9783 has shared their extensive thoughts and experiences with multiple AirPods Pro tips (foam, silicon, etc.) on Reddit, which starts here.

Similarly, SoundGuys has extensive reviews on multiple AirPods Pro tips, which are updated often. You can find them here.

If I find a better pair of tips, I’ll be sure to share them here, but for now, in my ears, Comply is more comfortable and provides better ANC. Questions? Ask away. Also, clean your AirPods case!

Reactions: dubvulture

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Interesting...I have the Chargen Pro and I love them. Best of both worlds, IMO. Silicone feel in my ear and memory foam to seal. They work for me!

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Interesting...I have the Chargen Pro and I love them. Best of both worlds, IMO. Silicone feel in my ear and memory foam to seal. They work for me!
About to give these a try.

I usually go with Comply, but the most recent pair I bought has way stiffer foam than my previous pair. These were the pine green color and I usually get the black tips. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Has anyone tried these?

Still searching for the perfect foam tips (for me). So far, Comply has been the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.