Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Helpme1963

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
AirPrint with hp 1102w

I have a hp 1102w but I Can not make it work ón my ip 5 or iPad 2.

Is it possible to setup directly ?

If I Schall buy airprinter which one Will be the Best?

I've used HP's p1102w Laserjet and had very good results. Of course it's only B&W, but that's what was needed.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I have a hp 1102w but I Can not make it work ón my ip 5 or iPad 2.

Is it possible to setup directly ?

If I Schall buy airprinter which one Will be the Best?

I set one up on a Mac and Windows both and both times they worked on an iPad 2 and multiple iPhones. You need to update the printer's firmware first as it doesn't support AirPrint out of the box. Once the firmware has been updated, you add the printer to your Wi-Fi network and then it should work just fine.

Update firmware

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I'm getting the notion that I should stay clear of HP, go figure.

Canon first choice, Epson second choice...

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
I Bought the XP-400 w/ Zero Regrets

Originally Posted by AllThingsD
" If you’re looking for a speedier, slightly larger printer that cranks out pretty photos, the Canon Pixma MG3220 might be the better option for you. But if you need a compact, super-simple printer for your personal documents and the occasional photo, the Epson Expression XP-400 has given me one of the most pain-free printer experiences I’ve had in a long time "

I have had the above mentioned Epson XP-400 for several weeks now for moderate home/office use w/ my i5 & iPad4.

Out of the box, easy set-up using AirPrint w/ out a single issue, bought it on Amazon for $69 (del. w/ Prime), no regrets & found it here on MRumors.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Originally Posted by AllThingsD
" If you’re looking for a speedier, slightly larger printer that cranks out pretty photos, the Canon Pixma MG3220 might be the better option for you. But if you need a compact, super-simple printer for your personal documents and the occasional photo, the Epson Expression XP-400 has given me one of the most pain-free printer experiences I’ve had in a long time "

I have had the above mentioned Epson XP-400 for several weeks now for moderate home/office use w/ my i5 & iPad4.

Out of the box, easy set-up using AirPrint w/ out a single issue, bought it on Amazon for $69 (del. w/ Prime), no regrets & found it here on MRumors.

Thanks for this...

Giuly

macrumors 68040
The Epson Expression XP-600 is on sale right now for $10 more than the XP-400, which does auto-duplexing, prints faster overall and has an even higher photo quality. Might be worth a look over the XP-400.
61c1pE0H8YL._AA1316_.jpg

It also comes in an Epson Expression XP-800 flavor, with an automatic feed, Ethernet and a build-in fax.
61qyMQskbQL._AA1171_.jpg

Last edited:

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
definitely avoid HP. I bought one of their "AirPrint" printers and it sucks up ink like crazy, on top of the fact that when I have to replace the ink, it costs almost as much as the printer itself. I have a canon wireless that is not airprint, and it works great, although cant print from an iPad or iphone. Now that canon has built in airprint functionality, I will grab a newer canon version......

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I'm looking for just a general AirPrint printer. It doesn't need to print out great photos.

Currently I'm using two printers. One is a Samsung black only printer and the other is a Canon color only printer.

Doesn't make much sense so I want a good AirPrint printer.

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I have the HP PS6520, works fine with all our mac's, iphone 5, ipad2, ipad mini's......fast, i can even email stuff to it from anywhere and it prints. Love it....so far.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I've always used HP printers, initially b/w laser and lately color ink jets. I've never had any problems with them. I don't do a lot of printing, but when I do, I usually need it to be color, hence the color ink jet printer.

However, the 'feature' about HP ink jet printers that is annoying is their ink cartridges expire. If the printer powers off, the printer (at least the one I have) forces you to walk through a series of menus to be able to use the printer.

Do the cartridges of other manufacturer's ink jet printers expire?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.