Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DKO110

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
A good widget showing only your teams' scores would be a bonus.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
I use ESPN's
you can go in and select your favorite teams for every sport possible and when you open it up the first scores at the top of the page will be any of the teams you selected as your favorites

Reactions: DKO110

TeeRav19

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I use ESPN. Not the best and I'm not a huge fan of the soap opera antics of the network, but it gets the job done when looking for score updates/notifications. The Notification Widget isn't bad either.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As far as the widget in particular goes the one from Yahoo! Sports seems to be one of the better ones that I tried and use.

Another one is from an app called Sports Scores & Alerts.

ESPN is nice but its widget only shows a few scores at a time and you have to wait for it to rotate through different scores on its own.

DKO110

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
As far as the widget in particular goes the one from Yahoo! Sports seems to be one of the better ones that I tried and use.

Another one is from an app called Sports Scores & Alerts.

ESPN is nice but its widget only shows a few scores at a time and you have to wait for it to rotate through different scores on its own.

I installed Yahoo Sports the other day and I'm diggin' it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.