Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Hey,
title says it all, what's the best cooking app for storing (and syncing with my mac) my own recipes?

I haven't found any satisfying solution yet. Problem is many times the entire app is only available in english, including ingredient suggestions and stuff. But I don't need all that. All I want is a multilingual app (preferably including German) for typing in step by step my own recipes with a belonging mac app, so I can easily type in the recipes on the mac and then have em on my phone..
Can't be that hard :D ?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hey,
title says it all, what's the best cooking app for storing (and syncing with my mac) my own recipes?

I haven't found any satisfying solution yet. Problem is many times the entire app is only available in english, including ingredient suggestions and stuff. But I don't need all that. All I want is a multilingual app (preferably including German) for typing in step by step my own recipes with a belonging mac app, so I can easily type in the recipes on the mac and then have em on my phone..
Can't be that hard :D ?

Using Paprika in OS X and iOS and it works great. Also syncs between the two. There is a built in browser to you can just browsing recipe sites and click a button and the whole recipe imports. Import works surprisingly well.

I don't know about your language issues though.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
AMAZING!
Big thanks!!

Paprika was exactly the solution I was looking for. It's even in German :rolleyes::)
absolutely perfect, the automatic recipe recognition from websites is a killer feature!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.