Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doobydoooby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Genève, Switzerland
Hi all, what would be your best suggestion for recording vlog-like video, using a greeenscreen and replacing with a virtual background? I've got into the habit of using zoom and then post-processing in final cut pro: zoom is extremely easy to use as a recording device, not just as a videoconferencing device: it plays well with krisp for background audio removal, and the greenscreen background replacement is flawless on-the-fly so it is one less thing to do post-processing. I already pay for zoom subscription so I'm not bothered by any freebie limits like recording time limit etc. However I think it taps out at 720p even with HD checked. So I just wondered if others have a better process.....

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
We use a green screen set up with a Sony HandyCam (1080p) ... using the chroma keying in FCP, we replace the green screen with the background of choice... We also have a 4K Sony camera, but for our purposes, it's overkill... the process would be the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.