Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I went to the Apple Store to inquire about having the battery replaced on my 7 Plus. The salesperson told me that it wasn’t necessary with the 7/7+ models, and that my battery should be fine.

My phone is not slow, but it definitely lags at times. Just out of curiosity I’d like to test the battery myself. Any app recommendations?

ajcgn

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Don’t know how it rates, but I downloaded the Battery Life App a few days ago. Results seem to conform to the ages of my various devices and how long their batteries last.

Reactions: Applejuiced

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
i use lirum device info and it has everything

Except battery capacity, or "health." Lirum specifically says that they can't measure that accurately because NO iOS app can access that data any more.

The only way to get that information now is Coconut Battery.
[doublepost=1514983989][/doublepost]
I went to the Apple Store to inquire about having the battery replaced on my 7 Plus. The salesperson told me that it wasn’t necessary with the 7/7+ models, and that my battery should be fine.

My phone is not slow, but it definitely lags at times. Just out of curiosity I’d like to test the battery myself. Any app recommendations?

If you want information on your battery's charge capacity, or "health," you need to download Coconut Battery, which has a free version. This is a Mac-only app that runs on a computer and can read the hardware, rather than relying on iOS, which hasn't provided that information since iOS 10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.