Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
I just bought an ipod touch And I am finding that I am in the need for a pair of wireless headphones. Now i know that there is no bluetooth on my ipod but I was wondering if this is at all possible:

A bluetooth dongle for the iPod that works with A2DP headphones which could be used foe my phone. To sum it up I would want to attach the dongle to my iPod but then when I am listen to music through my phone, I would like to use the integrated Bluetooth. What are my options? Perferably for around $100 or less. Thank you!

First post from iPod btw.

skalman

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I just bought an ipod touch And I am finding that I am in the need for a pair of wireless headphones. Now i know that there is no bluetooth on my ipod but I was wondering if this is at all possible:

A bluetooth dongle for the iPod that works with A2DP headphones which could be used foe my phone. To sum it up I would want to attach the dongle to my iPod but then when I am listen to music through my phone, I would like to use the integrated Bluetooth. What are my options? Perferably for around $100 or less. Thank you!

This might be what you're looking for

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1150057/cat5420035/prod29780013

although they seem to be a lot cheaper at Amazon.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I had created a thread about some Motorola Bluetooth headphones with an iPod adapter a while back. They're about $120 at Sam's Club for both or $100 for the headphones by themselves.

I have no idea about the quality, which is why I posted the thread.

tobenning

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007

For around $125, you can get the iCombi from Oakley (~$50) and Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset ($75).

http://oakley.com/pd/4280

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/s9/Headset_Home.asp

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I get the feeling that Apple and others might be holding off for a later spec revision of BT before making it a standard feature of regular DAPs.

I have used all sorts of BT gear and in my experience you always get interference.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Do NOT waste your time with the Moto S9s. I'm not even convinced that A2DP with an adapter is a good idea--wait until it's part and parcel with OS X so it's instant and easy.

adiemask

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Manchester, England
I'm using the Motorola S705 with a Jabra A125, works brilliantly for me allowing me to have a multiple bluetooth connection with my phone (Nokia N95) and with the 'Touch'. If I get a call the music from the 'Touch' is interupted and after the call picks up where it left off (all automatically). The quality of the music is excellent (as if it's a wired connection).

Hope that was helpful........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.