Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evo9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I searched but didn't find much. Admins please delete previous thread. Forgot the ? mark at the end and I hate misleading threads!
Listed below is what I found. Not an exhaustive list by any means and the listed products are i-touch compatible not necessarily made specifically for the i-touch.
I'm interested in this because, #1 I hate wires, #2 the release of VoIP makes BT a most interesting toy. Most of these BT headsets have an buit-in mic and, assuming you could stream voice bidirectionally using a BT adapter on i-touch, it eliminates the mic/speaker issues needed to implement VoIP on i-touch.
On with the list.

AnyCom BluNa (combo)
iBtune BH1000-6 (adapter only??)
icombi AP 21 (adapter only??)
iMuffs (combo)
Jabra (combo)
Jaybird (combo)
Logitech F-0397A (combo)
Motorolla (combo)
Scoche (combo)

Based on your experience, could you recommend the best combo wheter it's included on my list or not?
Thanks in advance! And sorry the misleading thread before!

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
I have the Jabra A125s adaptor and Jabra BT8010 headset and really like them. The headset package comes with two ear pieces, you can choose if you want to listen in stereo or mono (stereo looks kind of dorky but people will get over it). The headset can also be used for two devices so you can use it for your phone too, incoming and outgoing phone calls pause the iPod and hanging up resumes play.

Evo9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
they just look so nerdy that i could not recommend any of them.:D

I know. I was hoping someone on here had used a different/cooler looking set from what I found. Have you looked at the Jaybird? They are the smallest ones out of my list, but also very pricey. I just don't know how good they are...

Evo9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I have the Jabra A125s adaptor and Jabra BT8010 headset and really like them. The headset package comes with two ear pieces, you can choose if you want to listen in stereo or mono (stereo looks kind of dorky but people will get over it). The headset can also be used for two devices so you can use it for your phone too, incoming and outgoing phone calls pause the iPod and hanging up resumes play.

I read the adapter comes off the ipod so easily that they're pretty much useless. What's your experience? My main issue with most of these is how bulky the headsets are. Has anyone here used something different/smaller than what I listed?
Thanks!

momofmany

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
BluNa

I have the Anycom BluNa. It worked great with my Nano. I only use it with my ski helmet...I never really used the headphones. HOWEVER, I have constantly had a problem running low on battery power. I am assuming it is the combination of the Nano plus the additional drain of the BluNa and the cold. Recently, I got a i-Touch thinking it would be better; but, now I can't get the BluNa to work with the I-touch. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Has anyone had any success with the BluNa and the I-touch?

Thanks!

redblues

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2008
I've used the iCombi AP21 adapter with Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS970 headset. The issue here is that the AP21 (and pretty much every ipod BT adapter I've come across) will only do A2DP streaming and AVRCP. The mic is pretty much useless unless you have the headset paired to your phone as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.