Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I am about to get an iPad but really love the book style case b&n has for the nook. so that leads to my 3 questions:

1. what is your favorite book style iPad case?
2. Is the Apple iPad case compatible with Zagg IS?
3. Am i the only one that loves the orange peel look?

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
Dodocase runs at $60, with some new colors at $65, but the wait time is still the same - about 4 weeks.

PadandQuill is $60 too, ships in about 2 weeks, dunno about shipping time though.

BookBook looks really cool but their prices are $80-$100 (ouch).

Treegloo is another option, and you can choose from a lot of different styles. They're new, but the price and wait time is very good: $35 for the base model, only 5-7 days for production.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Well I made up my choice, kind of. I plan on going with the incase book jacket because it's pretty cheap, doesn't have that weird fold back stand thing, and I dont want to show off my iPad. I Rather keep it hidden as I hate kids my age that walk around bragging about something almost anybody can buy.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
This is a new company which offers a very similar (knock off might I say?) of the DoDo case for less.
The only good this is that they give you a lot of customizable options.

http://treegloo.com

jeromeplank

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
a friend just got the bookbook and i have to say it's pretty nice. from any kind of distance you'd have no idea what it actually is. i like the fact that it looks old and worn, like a good book should be.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
In landscape mode, the Bookbook's button and string props the ipad up for various angles. It keeps it simple and it does the job well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.