Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cinab1mt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
I know there are quite a few audio geeks that browse these forums so I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on what some of the best bookshelf speakers are? I realize when it comes to audio the sky is the limit when it comes to prices but I'm looking for something on the cheaper side that will still sound good a few years down the road.

My mother-in-law recently moved and she no longer needs 2 of her SONOS Connect Amps. I have a HomePod in the Master bedroom and a few Sonos speakers throughout the rest of the house so I was thinking buying a few bookshelf speakers would be a good way to bring some music down to the basement by pairing them with the Connect Amp (The SONOS Connect Amp is capped at 8 Ohms).

So, what do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Ive had these for about 8 years now and still love them. They are in my room/ceiling right now. Yup can still find them new for about 550 for all 5 plus a sub not bad a deal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001GI39IK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all I have the OMD-5's in my main room with a dedicated center omd c1. You can find these for decent prices as they are discontinued. They seem to have held value through I paid 500$ for the 5.1 nanosat system back in 2010.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.