Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csilvia

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Rhode Island
So...After not pre-ordering an Apple Watch, and mistakenly thinking I would be able to walk in and buy a space black 40 mm series four, I found myself on Best Buy’s website today.

Though they say there are none available within 250 miles of my location in Rhode Island, I was able to order the model I want with one day shipping Shipping. If it all works out I’ll have one tomorrow 10/5...but is that probable?

I ordered the watch around 9 AM, and it still says in progress...should I expect more or am I over thinking this? This is the first time I ordered from Best Buy Online.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
In theory, it should ship today to arrive tomorrow. But since this is best buy, I wouldn't put too much faith in them after reading the experiences people have had with pre orders.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Check it over carefully as they have tried to see me a returned camera before. Will not buy from them again. Hand to argue with the manager in front of a lot of people. He claimed they never would resell a returned item as new. I opened the box and showed him the warranty card filled out that matched the charge card receipt from the original owner, all left in the box!

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
If it does come tomorrow, that would be impressive. I suppose it depends also on which model you ordered.
40mm's I see a lot of those, some 44mm aluminums, but a 44MM Stainless Steel..ugh, It's become a crapshoot at the Apple store so far.

I see no date for Best Buy, first week of Nov if ordered on Apple. ATT had a insane delivery date of Feb 2019!

rvgMeEt.png

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 154

Scott G.

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2016
Amsterdam, NY
Check it over carefully as they have tried to see me a returned camera before. Will not buy from them again. Hand to argue with the manager in front of a lot of people. He claimed they never would resell a returned item as new. I opened the box and showed him the warranty card filled out that matched the charge card receipt from the original owner, all left in the box!
What did he say then?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I ordered on 9/14. BestBuy failed to ship on 9/21 as promised. Two weeks later they shipped overnight (free), and it arrived the next morning. Shipped without need of a signature so it was at my door waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.