Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Has anyone else pre-ordered a Series 4 Apple Watch through Best Buy? I had a large Best Buy gift card, so I felt compelled to shop there. I placed the purchase late Friday afternoon (9/14), and the confirmation states will ship/receive by Sept 21st. Too good to be true? I believe I have heard some horror stories of iPhone pre-orders with Best Buy.

Reactions: Icaras

antnard1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I preordered at Best Buy as well to take advantage of financing options + reward certificates. I placed my order around 03:20 EST and I think it said something like "Delivers on launch day" at checkout. It says "Get it by 9/21" when I view my order now.

I don't remember Best Buy having stock available for pre-order during previous launch events and I'll be pleasantly surprised if this works out for next Friday!

Reactions: Icaras

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I preordered at Best Buy as well to take advantage of financing options + reward certificates. I placed my order around 03:20 EST and I think it said something like "Delivers on launch day" at checkout. It says "Get it by 9/21" when I view my order now.

I don't remember Best Buy having stock available for pre-order during previous launch events and I'll be pleasantly surprised if this works out for next Friday!
Where are you viewing your order? Every time I log into their website or use the link they texted me to view my order I get a “sorry, something went wrong” page. If I check in the app, it says “we’ll let you know when it ships”.

Last edited:

antnard1

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Right on bestbuy.com > Order Status. The status is Pre-Ordered and it says Get it by Fri, September 21.

I'm a little skeptical because I just checked the product page (here) and it's still showing that it can be ordered for delivery by Fri, 9/21... fingers crossed.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Right on bestbuy.com > Order Status. The status is Pre-Ordered and it says Get it by Fri, September 21.

I'm a little skeptical because I just checked the product page (here) and it's still showing that it can be ordered for delivery by Fri, 9/21... fingers crossed.

Wonder why it’s different from one to the next...

41AF1B8B-6D90-4D69-A2D6-EAAC4E6F7980.jpeg

Reactions: TofSanity

mizzou-apple

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2011
Mine has always said, "We'll ship it by Fri, September 21". Thus I don't expect to get it on the 21st.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Hmm strange. I ordered the gold aluminum version this morning with the pink sand sports band and it says get it by the 21st in the app's order status. I had originally ordered Space gray aluminum but cancelled it. I've pre-ordered game consoles and games from them before with no issues.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia

It definitely says get by 9/21? Mine says will sip by Fri, September 21. My email confirmation says the same thing.

I pre ordered a series 2 from Best Buy, that was supposed to be delivered on launch day. They got them in late, so that didn't happen. Everybody got gift cards as compensation.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Just checked it. It definitely says by the 21st. Best Buy has been good with other online pre-orders I have made so we'll see. Never pre-ordered an Apple product from them.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I was up last night when the pre-orders went live trying to order through Best Buy. At first they didn't have all models live, some said Pre-Order in a Yellow Box, others still said coming soon. Took about 10 minutes before they updated, at least for me. I too had a gift card and wanted to use it. And this was on Bestbuy.com on my iPhone, as their app specifically said no pre-orders on the app. I then went to Apple's iPhone app and the ship dates for my model had already slipped a week. I went back to Bestbuy.com and refreshed and the model I wanted was there. Then I ordered. It says it will ship by 9/21. I hope I get it that day, but realize it may be the following Monday/Tuesday at the latest. Bestbuy.com didn't offer a pickup at store for Pre-Orders.

FYI. I ordered a 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel Series 4.

And my Gift Card paid for 1/2 of it.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
I preordered mine through Best Buy. 44mm space gray aluminum Nike+ with black sport loop. Order status page says "Get it by Fri, October 5." (Launch day for Nike+).

Best Buy has been allotted a certain number of each for launch, so if it doesn't tell you the date, then that means they sold out and you'll get it later.

"Pre-order now to reserve yours" (& "We'll notify you when it's ready to ship.") = Sold out, but still taking orders for future allotments

If it says "Get it by" I would expect to get it on that date. If it says "ship by" then I would expect it a few days later.
[doublepost=1536977082][/doublepost]Best Buy still has 11 models available for launch day (Sep 21 or Oct 5 depending on model).

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2015
I checked BestBuy's website again this morning out of curiosity. Now, the site states says "all pre-orders have been claimed". So fingers crossed for those who pre-ordered with an indication of "shipment by Sept 21st".
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 9.31.40 AM.png

BigCanoe

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
Mine is a Nike 44mm GPS in silver with sport loop. It says we will let you know when it ships.

Anish89

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
I pre-ordered 44mm stainless steel gold at 2:22 CST best buy status: we’ll ship by Friday 21st hopefully i get on Friday Headed to Cancun Monday would love to test it in the water

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
I pre-ordered 44mm stainless steel gold at 2:22 CST best buy status: we’ll ship by Friday 21st hopefully i get on Friday Headed to Cancun Monday would love to test it in the water
They are probably stricter with Apple products but with video game pre-orders I would often get them a day in advance of release.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
I ordered a 44mm SBSS sport band for myself and a 40mm Pink Aluminum with Sports Band for the wife.

Like some of you guys, I initially had trouble getting my orders in. Tried through the app, some said preorder, others said coming soon. Plenty of cart errors and out of stock messages. About 10 mins in, I was able to get my orders in. SBSS had to be shipped in, my wife’s was able to be picked up at my local store.

Went back to see if I could order mine for store pickup as well, and no dice. It was mainly the aluminum models that were able to be picked up in store.

Initially, my watch said ships on Sept 21st, but now it says ships by the 21st. Wife’s watch says ready for store pickup on Sept 21st. Here’s hoping that Apple delivers to BBY early, or that they drop ship for them. Either way, I should have it no later than Monday/Tuesday.

Attached are screenshots of my order statuses. Hopefully they help someone out.

8E124161-DFB0-462E-B14F-BEFC0F57DD55.jpeg
03C84864-1F99-4032-97B2-BF4B14F76957.jpeg

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
I ordered a 44 SS in Silver. Got delivery confirmation at 12:38 saying it will ship when available. I thought I had gotten in right when that particular model went live (SS models originally said coming soon on the website). Based on replies to this thread,
I’m wondering if their stock was actually sold out.

Reactions: playaproved

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
I was in Best Buy today for something else, and out of curiosity, I went by the mobile desk to see if they would have any Series 4 to sell on Friday. I suspect I've been the only one to ask based on the reaction I got. "You can preorder!" the rep told me.

Of course, I knew that the preorders have all been spoken for, and now the website doesn't even give a date for shipping. But since I didn't have to pay for it, I let them take my information, and now if one comes in the store before my watch is shipped from Apple (around Oct 11), I'll have it a little earlier. (I highly doubt this is going to happen, but at least I've covered the possibility.)

Reactions: playaproved

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I am wondering if Best Buy will have any SS models in stock Friday. Last year and the year before they had aluminum models on launch day.

mustang52

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2015
I wasn’t really expecting launch day but I was hoping to have a set date. Of course the rep told me mine would be 9/27 I somehow don’t believe it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.