Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hiimkevin062

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2018
Orange County
Did anyone else order their iPhone through Best Buy? Looks like some crazy deals going on through T-Mobile! I preordered 13PM SIERRA BLUE 128GB and trading in iPhone 12 Pro Max for $875.
Mine has no estimate of delivery, does yours?

Lara512

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
I ordered iPhone 13 PM 256GB in Graphite from Best Buy yesterday. As of now I see it will be ready for pickup on the launch day, September 24. I originally bought 128GB one, but learned that the new ProRes 4K feature is only available on phones with 256GB of storage or more, so I made an exchange. Also bought mine through T-Mobile.

Last edited:

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Yeah, I preordered my phone through Best Buy. I have T-Mobile. The cost of my 256gb iPhone 13 only cost me $89.99. I wasn't going to upgrade, but at that price, it was worth it. I'm coming from an 11 Pro Max.

I ordered iPhone 13 PM 256GB in Graphite from Best Buy yesterday. As of now I see it will be ready for pickup on the launch day, September 24. I originally bought 128GB one, but learned that the new ProRes 4K feature is only available on phones with 256GB of storage or more, so I made an exchange. Also bought mine through T-Mobile.
Are you a content creator, or rather, someone that exports and edits a lot of video? If not, you will not get the benefit of ProRes.

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
I preordered through Best Buy for iphone 13 pro 128gb. I did it yesterday and will be available on release day. Unfortunately, no great AT&T deals like the other carriers (not interested in the $1k deal).

Hey Now

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Where are you all seeing your “available on” date? This isn’t shown on my Best Buy order status page.

Mine just says “Pre-ordered. We'll let you know as soon as it's ready for pickup.”

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
Where are you all seeing your “available on” date? This isn’t shown on my Best Buy order status page.

Mine just says “Pre-ordered. We'll let you know as soon as it's ready for pickup.”
When did you place your order? I placed mine on Sunday and it says it will be ready on launch day: Friday. Your message seems to be occurring now for phones on the site maybe because they are unsure about the stock they will have.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015

sounds like you may have ordered too late, sorry.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Good luck to all who pre-ordered via Best Buy. Horror stories every year about orders not being available on release day.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Good luck to all who pre-ordered via Best Buy. Horror stories every year about orders not being available on release day.
fugggggggg

I ordered a 12 (256gb red) around 10:00 am on the first day we could preorder. wonder if I'll not be able to get my phone lol. speaking of which, anyone know how we can track the Best Buy preorder? I'm picking mine up in store.

Hey Now

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I’m saving $560 by going with BB, so it’s totally cool if I don’t have one on release day. I’m just hoping it doesn’t drag on weeks and weeks.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
I’m saving $560 by going with BB, so it’s totally cool if I don’t have one on release day. I’m just hoping it doesn’t drag on weeks and weeks.
I hope it doesn’t either, but that may have been the case for people in the past.

Good luck!

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Ordered day 1 through apple and my order got canceled. I Ended up ordering through Best Buy but went back and read a bunch of horror stories with Best Buy and canceled my order and now my upgrade isn’t reset. Anyone have an idea how long it’ll take for a upgrade to be reset?

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
Ordered day 1 through apple and my order got canceled. I Ended up ordering through Best Buy but went back and read a bunch of horror stories with Best Buy and canceled my order and now my upgrade isn’t reset. Anyone have an idea how long it’ll take for a upgrade to be reset?
I would contact your carrier. Could be 24-72 hours.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Pre-ordered my iPhone 13 Pro Max Graphite 512GB at Best Buy on Friday, 9/17. On 9/24, status changed from Pre-ordered to In Progress on 9/24 and remains unchanged as of 1pm CST, on 9/28.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Pre-ordered my iPhone 13 Pro Max Graphite 512GB at Best Buy on Friday, 9/17. On 9/24, status changed from Pre-ordered to In Progress on 9/24 and remains unchanged as of 1pm CST, on 9/28.
Wife’s was scheduled to be ready today 9/28. But status shows in progress.I guess it won’t ready today then. Lol?

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2014
I just ordered a 13 pro today and it said pickup for this Saturday 10/2. Should I expect that to get delayed? Verizon model.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
I just stopped by the pickup store and found out that the delivery date was 9/24 but that an additional note said Awaiting Inventory. At least that's more information than customer service could tell me.
She just an email before end of business today from Best Buy stating something along the lines that we’ll be in touch when item is ready. Pretty vague.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
She just an email before end of business today from Best Buy stating something along the lines that we’ll be in touch when item is ready. Pretty vague.
That's the message showing on the app for my purchase order. The store manager said pre-orders will be fulfilled first but there is no store that has my model in stock in a 200 mile radius.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Picked up my iPhone 13 Pro Max Graphite 512GB at Best Buy. I had to walk them through the Transfer and Reset process. Also, make sure that you are connected to the store wireless network until all the transferred apps and data are both transfered and downloaded. Finally, make sure your iPhone is connected to your wireless provider before you leave the store.

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Az
Picked up my iPhone 13 Pro Max Graphite 512GB at Best Buy. I had to walk them through the Transfer and Reset process. Also, make sure that you are connected to the store wireless network until all the transferred apps and data are both transfered and downloaded. Finally, make sure your iPhone is connected to your wireless provider before you leave the store.
How long did it take you to transfer everything over? I’ve always been able to take my time and do it at home before sending the trade-in in. I’m worried about missing something and not being able to get it back even though I’ve got it backed up to cloud and have most things synced to my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.