Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Hmmm, I bought CameraBag and its a bit of a one-trick pony. It allows you to add some limited effects to you're images (as you see on the screen shots). But thats all - you can't really customise the effects.
My vote goes to Photogene - its like a mini photoshop on you're phone. It allows you to alter colour levels, crop, straighten, add a couple of effects. All you could want to do with images on you're phone really!

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hmmm, I bought CameraBag and its a bit of a one-trick pony. It allows you to add some limited effects to you're images (as you see on the screen shots). But thats all - you can't really customise the effects.
My vote goes to Photogene - its like a mini photoshop on you're phone. It allows you to alter colour levels, crop, straighten, add a couple of effects. All you could want to do with images on you're phone really!

Cool, I'll take a look at that one.

Just to be sure, you can actually take photos in both apps, correct?

Thanks for the reply!

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
CameraBag does allow you to take photos - but it just uses the phones in built camera functions as all apps do. Photogene is a post editor - just like Photoshop you load images from you're library but it will save edited versions as separate images.

08mxkfx

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
I use snapture too but too bad its only available for jailbroken phones.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
Snapture is the best "Camera" replacement to the default one.

Picoli, PhotoGene are the best in editing photos.

Photobuddy and Photocalc are the best in applications to assist "dslr" camera.

Mobile Fotos, AirMe, and Pixelpipe are best photo utilities to upload to flickr and similar sites.

Photoboard and Collage are best collage making apps with your photos.

Last but not least, Panolab to create panaromic pictures from your photos.

These are what I have and actually have one full page dedicated to "photo" manipulations and the like.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
I've just bought Picoli in the sale for $2.99 and I can now officially say I much prefer PhotoGene - with its true photoshop type level adjustments and cropping its much more what I'm used to and need!

Also, CameraBag has been updated with 2 new effects today and a slight interface update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.