Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdsgner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys,

I have used the First iPhone before, but switched to Samsung for a few years then went back to the iPhone 13 and now I'm waiting for the 15 Pro Max. We don't have an Apple store here in our city so I can test the quality of the new Apple Cases. I ordered the Silver Titanium version.

1. I have tried several cases in the past, Spigen and Otterbox. I always wanted to use a brown leather case and will try to settle with the Taupe Fine Woven case. In terms of quality will it last long? I'm a neat freak and I regularly disinfect my phone with alcohol. My Spigen case looks old and has protected my phone from a lot of drops. The phone itself still looks good and I also use a tempered glass screen protector so no scratches. Are Apple cases worth it? Or go with Spigen?

2. For note-taking apps, I frequently use the default app from Apple. Or do you have suggestions? I don't want to pay an annual subscription.

3. Since the new iPhone uses a USB-C cable, is it safe to use other chargers like Samsung or other USB charges?

4. My current iPhone 13 Pro Max has a maximum capacity of 88%, and I'm planning to give it to my Dad. Will this last for another 2 years? Or will the battery need to be replaced? Or maybe he can still use the phone but by next year he will need to frequently charge it.

5. What app allows to change the icons or UI of the home screen? And is it safe to use?

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I bought the overpriced UAG Kevlar case for my 15 pro max. It’s the monarch. Pricey, but I like the look and feel. I also have the OtterBox commuter in blue, those are nice with its rubber interior for excellent shock absorption.

Probably get a battery for the 13.

Note taking app I have but rarely use is iWriter pro.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I use the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Magsafe clear case on my 15PM, it is really nice and slim. Overall profile is smaller than my 14PM with Spigen Liquid Crystal case was.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
For those who have the Spigen clear case: how is it compared to the Apple clear case? I hated the Apple one because it was very slippery and also a fingerprint magnet that made the phone appear ugly within minutes. I currently am using an Apple FineWoven case and I'm happy with it, but a clear case would show the iPhone color... so I'm looking into that.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
I've tried clear cases over the years and they always end up looking like trash after a few weeks because dirt and lint get between the case and phone, so you have to constantly clean them.

macdsgner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2018
For those who have the Spigen clear case: how is it compared to the Apple clear case? I hated the Apple one because it was very slippery and also a fingerprint magnet that made the phone appear ugly within minutes. I currently am using an Apple FineWoven case and I'm happy with it, but a clear case would show the iPhone color... so I'm looking into that.
How many days have you been using it? Saw some videos about the quality, it can easily be scratched or stained. Thoughts?

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
How many days have you been using it? Saw some videos about the quality, it can easily be scratched or stained. Thoughts?

I've been using it since launch day, so 23 days now. Looks alright, although I got an "easy" color. Brighter colors might show stains more easily.

IMG_0909.jpeg

SirManic

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
I have the White Titanium and using the Torras MagSafe Clear Case with 360 degree stand.

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpeg
    IMG_1147.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: ivetteli

Cedo_

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2020
If you are a neat freak then I wouldn’t recommend the finewoven in taupe color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.