Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
I am looking for Ram for my 2nd powemac, not the one in my sig. It is a dual 2.7 and currently has 1 gig of apple branded RAM. I am looking to install 2 gigs or more...i think 3 gigs total is a good #. However the place I bough it from last time was expensive and poor customer service. Ive checked some major sites like crucial and Newegg, but the lowest i found was for $250. THat seems like a bit much. Does anone know of reputable/lowpriced companies where i can find ram for a little cheaper?

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
pianodude123 said:
I am looking for Ram for my 2nd powemac, not the one in my sig. It is a dual 2.7 and currently has 1 gig of apple branded RAM. I am looking to install 2 gigs or more...i think 3 gigs total is a good #. However the place I bough it from last time was expensive and poor customer service. Ive checked some major sites like crucial and Newegg, but the lowest i found was for $250. THat seems like a bit much. Does anone know of reputable/lowpriced companies where i can find ram for a little cheaper?

RAM prices are up right now. The short answer is that you probably won't find anything much cheaper from a reputable seller right now.

That said, I would check out Data Memory Systems (dms.com).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.