Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2010
London
Hello everyone

I only use chrome on my macbook pro to be able to cast my desktop or browser to my chromecast TV but as everyone knows the chrome browser is horrible for battery life. I noticed chromium browsers like brave, edge also have the ability to cast my screen.

Does anyone know what is the best chromium browser for the sole purpose of casting my screen and conserving as much battery life as possible?

thanks

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Hello everyone

I only use chrome on my macbook pro to be able to cast my desktop or browser to my chromecast TV but as everyone knows the chrome browser is horrible for battery life. I noticed chromium browsers like brave, edge also have the ability to cast my screen.

Does anyone know what is the best chromium browser for the sole purpose of casting my screen and conserving as much battery life as possible?

thanks
I recommend Edge. I'm a heavy Chrome browser user (primarily to be compatible with my chromebook) but have switched to Edge for Mac OS and Windows because it uses far less resources and offers some features that require extensions in other chromium-based browsers.

There are some slight incompatibilities with Edge (the Google Keep extension doesn't work) but for casting to a chromecast device, it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.