Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is the best combination of iOS/Android phones and tablets?

• iPhone + Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Android phone + iPad

Votes: 77 76.2%

• Total voters

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Cannot help out because I switch my preferences since I have a Note 3 which I can use as a tablet, I have an Iphone and use my Nexus 7 tablet, I have a Nokia Icon and use my IPad mini, so the combinations change from day to day. :)

Would not want to be without any of them. Forced to choose I would take my Note 3 with my IPad Mini.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Even devoted Android fans here will admit the tablet app scene on Android is inferior to iPads.

So if you care about that sort of thing go for that.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
I had the Note 3, iPhone 5s, Nexus 7 combo but the N7 took a 3 foot drop and cracked the screen. It landed on its backside with the case on so there goes durability out the door. My next tablet purchase will most likely be an ipad of some variation. I think I'm done with the cheap build quality of Android.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Note 3, and ipad air is the state of the art gear IMO.

IMHO too. I have both the rMini and the N7 2013. I only use the first. (And has both my fav games: XCOM: Enemy unknown and Spectromancer, unlike Android.) Of course, the N7 2013 is far more pocketable(*) and has a lot of features like Qi charging, a better-quality (much more saturated) screen and stereo speakers vastly superior to the rMini. Nevertheless, I still prefer the rMini - its screen aspect ratio (and size) is so much better suited for gaming / Web browsing.

*: I can keep my N7 2013 in almost all my pockets (even larger shirt ones), while I can't do the same to my rMini. The latter can only be put in my inner coat pockets (which, BTW, has enough space for even a 12-13" tablet.) If you do want true pocketability, forget the rMini.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
My stepdad gave me his old Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (Verizon) recently. Model is from 2010. Never been into tablets. Love smartphones more. I find tablets as an added accessory that I dont want to carry around alot. Like giant media players. But I do like the idea of letting tablets do most of the dirty work while at home to save my smartphone's battery usage. Now I dont expect much from a 4-year old model but I still find it useful.

But I say go Andoid smartphone + iOS tablet route. Android tablets generally have apps not optimized for them. Like blown up smartphone apps. I find iOS is better for gaming, browsing, and media consumption which are areas where tablets are generally used for.

I say Nexus 5 + iPad Air combo.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Would you rather have an iPhone and the Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet or an Android phone and an iPad, if you didn't want to be married to one ecosystem and wanted the best of Apple and Google worlds?

iphone and a windows tablet IMO, this gives you a real computer and a smartphone. But honestly even a tablet is too much of a pain for me to carry around these days. I use an iphone and also carry around a Note 3 as my "tablet".

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Because if it's running Android, it's **** right?

apple and Google are fine by me. No chance id buy microsoft surface or phone tho.

I have note 2 and ipad and id keep that mix of android phone and ipad at home. Airplay is great but i find the iphone lacking in a few areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.