Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
I think this mostly depends on your own personal preferences and what services you're using already. For simple things, I generally use AirDrop to move between my personal iMac and iPhone. For Numbers files, I'll use iCloud. For other things I need stored on my NAS, I'll use the Files application on my phone and an SMB share on my computer to manage files.

For work, we use Sharepoint and OneDrive, so I use OneDrive on my work MacBook Pro and iPhone to keep files in sync and accessible between those devices. This, or another similar service, such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive, is what I'd recommend to most people who need to access a large number of files that are synced between their devices.

brittmartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2015
I think this mostly depends on your own personal preferences and what services you're using already. For simple things, I generally use AirDrop to move between my personal iMac and iPhone. For Numbers files, I'll use iCloud. For other things I need stored on my NAS, I'll use the Files application on my phone and an SMB share on my computer to manage files.

For work, we use Sharepoint and OneDrive, so I use OneDrive on my work MacBook Pro and iPhone to keep files in sync and accessible between those devices. This, or another similar service, such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive, is what I'd recommend to most people who need to access a large number of files that are synced between their devices.

THanks for the speedy reply.

great suggestions.

I used to use an app called iFunBox to manage my iphone on my mac. I was able to drag and drop files back and forth.

Do you know of anything like that that works on iOS 11 and Lion?

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
It looks like iFunBox is still around, but I'm guessing it does not work with OS X Lion. I'm guessing if you want to use an application like that, you will need to locate an older version of them, since most applications no longer support Lion. It may be that those applications' older versions do not work with iOS 11, though, as updates to the software may have been necessary to add support.

If you're stuck on OS X Lion, I'd probably lean more towards the cloud service options, though many of their desktop agents do not officially support versions of macOS/OS X prior to El Capitan any longer. I'm guessing using the websites should work just fine, however, if you've got a more updated browser to use them with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.