Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I'm looking to see where the best deal is on a new iPod Touch. Both of my kids have some old-ass iPad mini's (original and 2nd gen), but they both prefer mine and my wife's cell phone to their iPads. They like that they're smaller and easier to handle. Figured I'd get them both iPods for Christmas, plus my older one will be over the moon thinking she has an "iPhone." There don't seem to be many deals out there on these, as I'm sure they're not very popular. Where can I find the best bargain? Does Apple (or other retailers) usually throw gift cards at these for Black Friday? I've looked through the ads but see nothing mentioned about iPods.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
The best deal you’ll find at Apple for these will be refurbs, however there aren’t any currently. Elsewhere I’d keep an eye on Target, Walmart, Sams Club, Costco, B&H, etc. I think I’ve seen Woot sell them too, but they’re usually refurbed. Woot frequently has refurbed iPhone 7’s and 8’s as well, which would basically make an iPhone an iPod without a SIM card installed, and would be in the iPod touch price range possibly.

Reactions: tardman91

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Walmart/Target and maybe B&H might do some Black Friday deals. Maybe Amazon will do something for Cyber Monday? I'd check it out. eBay refurbs can be found fore as low as $150 if you trust eBay sellers. Might not get the color you want though.

Reactions: tardman91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.