Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaskov

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Zowie AM or Zowie EC1. Ready to run from the box. Does not require any drivers to be installed. The best mouse I have ever used for gaming. You'll never switch to any other mouse. Highly recommended.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I got the Razer Deathadder Respawn today and it works just fine without any drivers installed. All the buttons are recognized by OS X. I'm not sure if I should even install the drivers.

Jaskov

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
I got the Razer Deathadder Respawn today and it works just fine without any drivers installed. All the buttons are recognized by OS X. I'm not sure if I should even install the drivers.

Also a great mouse for gaming. Razer also makes terrific mouse pads.

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I have the old deathadder before they upgraded to the 3.5g sensor or whatever.

I installed the drivers (now some online based synapse thing??). Immediately uninstalled it.

Mouse works just fine without the drivers in OSX, and in bootcamp.

I think for my money this mouse fits my hand the best and has the best feel.

gamingdiva2013

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I have the old deathadder before they upgraded to the 3.5g sensor or whatever.

I installed the drivers (now some online based synapse thing??). Immediately uninstalled it.

Mouse works just fine without the drivers in OSX, and in bootcamp.

I think for my money this mouse fits my hand the best and has the best feel.

I actually really like the new one

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
How about this mouse guyz?

569927.jpg

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
I got this $18 Cobra Blue mouse from Amazon and it's pretty great for Borderlands 2. It only hits like 1600 dpi but I don't really know the difference. It feels great and I can "claw" grip it?

yliu

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I used to recommend Razer mouses for mac until the latest Synapse 2.0 update screwed up everything.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I used to recommend Razer mouses for mac until the latest Synapse 2.0 update screwed up everything.

I guess I'm blissfully unaware since I didn't use any version of Synapse prior to 2.0.

What exactly did it ruin?

yliu

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I guess I'm blissfully unaware since I didn't use any version of Synapse prior to 2.0.

What exactly did it ruin?

I am talking about Synapse 2.0, which used to work okay. But after a minor update, it simply didn't detect any of my mouses or my mac would't launch the Synapse software. I tried reinstalling and cleaning caches but nothing works.

Luckily I could still download the legacy driver for the DeathAdder, but there was no legacy software for the Orochi. So I'm currently running the Orochi through USB Overdrive.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
It looks funky, but the Logitech G602 is the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. It has finally replaced my venerable MX518 that has lasted for the better part five years. It's too bad Logitech's software is terrible. It worked fine in Mountain Lion but won't detect the mouse at all in Mavericks. Fortunately I have a license for SteerMouse from back in the day, the latest version of which is compatible with 10.9 and the G602. Logitech's Windows software is just as buggy, too, especially in Windows 8.1. Both Mavericks and 8.1 have been out for well over a month, and Logitech has released nothing in the way of updates to address the myriad of issues plaguing its software in both operating systems. It's a good thing the hardware is so comfortable, and I can at least work around the drivers with 3rd-party software.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
So my venerable mx518 is slowly dying after six years and I'm wondering what I should replace it with. The equivalent G400s is $47 on Amazon, a tad pricey given I paid $35 for my 518 six years ago, but I'm not sure what else to get. Any thoughts? I was looking at the Perixx mx2000 but apparently it has issues with steam and OS X.

If I stick with a G400/400s I could use my mx518 shell which would be great. I have the red edition which looks awesome.

Last edited:

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Razer Deathadder original ( Respawn ) not hundreds of buttons but works out the box, I have been using two of these for over two years and they are still going strong.

Do NOT and I mean do NOT put Razers Synapse software on your machine, because I did with a new Razer mouse, when the mouse did not work I tried to remove the Synapse software, and I mean tried, it sticks to your drive like glue. I did eventually remove it but it it was a load of hassle.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
My favorite mouse has been the steelseries sensei. I had tried out the logitech g400s and only kept it for a matter of hours before I returned it. For me, the sensei is perfect. The software it uses is easy to use and the mouse itself is extremely comfortable.
The one thing I dislike about it is that it has a glossy finish on it so after long sessions it looks a little dirty(especially with sweaty hands)

I would look into the sensei raw because it
Comes in a rubberized finish and would probably feel better during longer sessions.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Best Gaming Mouse for the Mac

Logitech G9 with wide grip and Steermouse. I can rest my hand on a G9 all day, it's so comfortable. Too bad it's gone the way of the dodo.

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
another vote for the Death Adder.

I've had it since 2010, and it's going strong. May be the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.

MichalM.Mac

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2006
DeathAdder Black Edition. I preffer matte top surface over rubber. I had classic DeathAdder before that but it lasted only for ~2 years before rubber surface got too damaged from skin sweat, etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.